PDA

View Full Version : sunburn

honda4life72
03-17-2008, 06:57 AM
:mad: how do u make it stop burning???????:mad: :mad:

Honda#4
03-17-2008, 07:20 AM
aloe helps, if you have an actual aloe plant thats the best stuff or you can just buy burn cream at the store.

honda4life72
03-17-2008, 07:23 AM
i dont have any of that lol whats the ways they woudl do it in the olds days lol i heard manayse (sp) works. but i really dont want to try it

Honda#4
03-17-2008, 08:45 AM
If you want the old fashion route some say put like 10 bags of tea in the bath tub or take a milk bath.

bwamos
03-17-2008, 08:57 AM
It's a 1st or 2nd degree burn.
You should use burn cream w/ painkiller medication in it.

Don't use mayo or any oily substance as that will hold in the heat and make it worse.

Honda#4
03-17-2008, 09:02 AM
I know it hurts havin sunburn, few years back I got it so bad I just started itching really terribly I had to sleep in a cool water bathtub all night it was the only thing that helped.

Scro
03-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Just rub in some Icy Hot - then when that wears off I'm sure the sunburn by itself won't hurt near as bad:p

dpizz450
03-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
It's a 1st or 2nd degree burn.
You should use burn cream w/ painkiller medication in it.

Don't use mayo or any oily substance as that will hold in the heat and make it worse.

sunburn is 1st degree.
something like burning yourself on a cigarette or muffler or somethin is 2nd degree when it bubbles up.
3rd degree is like when its all yellow and infected and stuff really bad.

yeah aloe plants work good. other then that all i can think of is some burn cream or something. btw where are you located to already be gettin sunburnt? FL?

klutch
03-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by YZrida
sunburn is 1st degree.
something like burning yourself on a cigarette or muffler or somethin is 2nd degree when it bubbles up.

yeah aloe plants work good. other then that all i can think of is some burn cream or something. btw where are you located to already be gettin sunburnt? FL?

Can't be lol i rode on sunday in a tank top with my riding pants and normal gear but for my top i was in the tank top with a chest protector over it and i have no sun burn... lol

Flip_SideEX
03-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Sunburn can become 2nd degree. When i used to live on a lake, i got it very badly on my shoulders almost very year. Yea i know, i didnt learn the first time. I had blisters that got punctured because my shirts would dring up on the blisters and make them pus. But if you also throw an ice pack on it, plus the creams they are talking about, you should be fine and will survive.

honduh440
03-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Flip_SideEX
Sunburn can become 2nd degree. When i used to live on a lake, i got it very badly on my shoulders almost very year. Yea i know, i didnt learn the first time. I had blisters that got punctured because my shirts would dring up on the blisters and make them pus. But if you also throw an ice pack on it, plus the creams they are talking about, you should be fine and will survive.

i tend to do that exact thing every year as well .. with as bad as it hurts you would think we would learn

mineralgrey01gt
03-17-2008, 06:57 PM
im burnt pretty good over my whole upper 1/2 of my body. I build swimming pools on the weekends and get burnt pretty damn bad. I only burn once a year so its not so bad, but I use Aloe Vera on mine once, today its not so bad

KXRida
03-18-2008, 08:54 AM
Try to find a gel containing Aloe and Lidocaine. Lidocaine is a local anesthetic and will take a good portion of the pain away. I know "Ocean Potion" has it. Cold water will also help a little bit. Avoid anything with an oil in it as it retains the heat. Also, don't forget to drink plenty of fluids. The skin uses a lot of fluids when it is healing a burn, so drink lots of water/gatorade. I know if sun burns are severe enough we have to start IV fluids at the hospital. Severe sunburns are no joke. People can actually die from them, but it's mainly due to infection.

Hope some of that helps.

400sEXridr
03-18-2008, 08:54 AM
try keeping the aloe vera in the fridge/freezer till its nice and cold. takes the burn away for a while:p

bwamos
03-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by YZrida
sunburn is 1st degree.

If it blisters it's 2nd degree, as you said.

I've seen many 2nd degree sunburns, even had a couple. Like the time I was kayaking down the Rogue River, but on the proper sunscreen. Unfortunatly my socks were still on, and then I took them off.. LOL. Live and learn. Most painful burn I've ever had. 105deg, no humidity, no clouds, and on a river for 8 hours. Bad deal, LOL.

1st degree is surface burn.
2nd degree is when it blisters.
3rd degree deep tissue damage
4th degree charred flesh
5th degree charred to the bone

For standard burns I usually use Ocean Potion as well. Pretty good stuff. And drink LOTS of water. Stay away from soda and alcohol as it will make it worse.

KXRida
03-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by bwamos

For standard burns I usually use Ocean Potion as well. Pretty good stuff. And drink LOTS of water. Stay away from soda and alcohol as it will make it worse.

haha read my post a few post's earlier.