PDA

View Full Version : battery relocation? will it get too hot in front of the engine?

maddmatt02
03-16-2008, 09:34 PM
I got a 250x frame, with a 300ex engine. so obviously my frame doesnt have the tabs to bolt the battery box to, and I was thinking of doing something tricky.

to move some weight down and forward, I was thinking of sliding the battery tub in the frame, right behind where the brake line comes down and T's off to the wheels, I test fit the battery in right there and it fits perfect. I dont see if really being affected by vibration much more than if it was mounted in the rear. and I was wondering about heat right htere, but when Im moving, the heat shouldnt radiate towards the battery since the air that just drew heat off the fins and all is constantly behind the quad.

I would have to run longer wires, which would be adding a little bit of weight, but I am not racing, weight isnt a big concern, and I do like riding wheelies, which the few pounds of the battery shouldnt affect too much. I really just wanted to do it to be different and try something out.

what do you guys think, ditch the idea and weld something on out back or try it?

03-18-2008, 06:29 AM
sounds good and if there is a worry of heat buy the sheets to reflect heat for exhaust and put it on the engine side of the battery.