PDA

View Full Version : My Ashland Video! (fixed)

Hondamaster5505
03-16-2008, 09:16 PM
Here it is. Was having issues before.

The camera doesnt do the hills justice... they are near vertical at the top.
Whatcha think?
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3swejg3sdpU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3swejg3sdpU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

KXRida
03-18-2008, 09:15 AM
If you think those hills are bad, you need to come down my way in Pa and ride with us! I still say powerlines have the worst hillclimbs out of anything.

We went up to murph over the weekend and it was pretty rough. Everything was still pretty much frozen over, so traction was kinda hard to get.

Hondamaster5505
03-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
If you think those hills are bad, you need to come down my way in Pa and ride with us! I still say powerlines have the worst hillclimbs out of anything.

We went up to murph over the weekend and it was pretty rough. Everything was still pretty much frozen over, so traction was kinda hard to get.

Noooo, theres much worse hills. These are baby ones compared to whats up there. We just don't have the balls to do them:
all loose slate, and loose coal dust in other areas:

reptikes
03-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Those are fun hills, nothing more. The hills you say are worse DO THEM, and when you get to the top beat your chest like King Kong!

KXRida, If i make it up that way i'll hit them hillclimbs up with ya. Or you'll just watch me do'em.
:devil:

KXRida
03-18-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by reptikes
Those are fun hills, nothing more. The hills you say are worse DO THEM, and when you get to the top beat your chest like King Kong!

KXRida, If i make it up that way i'll hit them hillclimbs up with ya. Or you'll just watch me do'em.

haha some of them are a ******!

as hondamaster said, they are like that loose slate/coal stuff. It's still half wet/frozen here so it's REALLY slick at the moment.

I was tempted to run my bike up dirty harry (the local climb around here that is vertical, if not more, but it was still pretty muddy and frozen.

Hondamaster5505
03-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by reptikes

To tell ya the truth, the 400's WONT make it up those in the picture. Too steep and loose. Even a lot of 450's cant make it. Banshee's are usually the only ones that make it up...

KXRida
03-19-2008, 05:57 AM
Don't count out the bikes! :D

you're gonna laugh your @ss off when I tell you this, but my buddy I ride with has made EVERY hillclimb atleast once. Some of these climbs are absolutely insane and most guys can't make them. He's usually the first person to try a new climb too. What does he ride? A blaster

Yes a blaster. No joking either. I don't know how he does it, but I'm still in shock as to how he makes it up what he does. What an effing nut.

Phugg
03-19-2008, 07:39 AM
Y'all need to come out to Calif if you want real hills. Anyone ever been to Carnagie out here ? Its about 2 hours east of San Fran , between Tracy and Livermore. About the only thing to do there is Hillclimb. They do have a yearly climb contest as well , put on by Skips at Carnagie. I cant find any pictures this morning , but look for about 500ft elevation change in most every hill (back east they are mountains) and most go above 45 degrees of angle. My nephew flies up some on is hotrod honda 2 wheeler , I am old and wiser and dont go near that stuff.

Hondamaster5505
03-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Phugg
Y'all need to come out to Calif if you want real hills. Anyone ever been to Carnagie out here ? Its about 2 hours east of San Fran , between Tracy and Livermore. About the only thing to do there is Hillclimb. They do have a yearly climb contest as well , put on by Skips at Carnagie. I cant find any pictures this morning , but look for about 500ft elevation change in most every hill (back east they are mountains) and most go above 45 degrees of angle. My nephew flies up some on is hotrod honda 2 wheeler , I am old and wiser and dont go near that stuff.

Oh, believe me, you have to come out here.

Theres:
1) 600ft steep sheer-slate hills

2) Not as tall but steeper and looser hills

3) Fun hills (video)

The hills on number 1 are completely f'ing nuts.

When I get my banshee running ill start small and work my way up.

tim colston
03-20-2008, 09:27 AM
Those hills can't be bad at all. They aren't even standing up let alone leaning forward. Just strolling up sitting on the seat. I am not saying they don't look like fun just not anywhere near verticle.

kwatts400
03-20-2008, 11:05 AM
The hills in the video aren't too bad. I've seen the rest of Ashland, and some of the hills (6-700ft) are insane.

Scro
03-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Did somebody say vertical?

Scro
03-20-2008, 11:28 AM
Same hill - quad

Hondamaster5505
03-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by tim colston
Those hills can't be bad at all. They aren't even standing up let alone leaning forward. Just strolling up sitting on the seat. I am not saying they don't look like fun just not anywhere near verticle.

you have to see them in person, they are pretty damn steep...

but the main hills are insane!