PDA

View Full Version : Are Jet Kits All Their Cracked Up To Be???

bluegunnman
03-16-2008, 07:15 PM
i have a rancher 400 AT with big tires on it i dont have an exhaust just a k&n filter, will i feel a littlebit more power or not?and would i be able to install it myself they say detailed instructions ,,does that mean a guy with alot of tools could do it or professionals only.. big trip coming up in a week and a half gotta get ready?i appreciate ur time..

03-16-2008, 07:27 PM
jet kits don't provide power, the even up the air fuel ratio when you change anything intake or exhaust...you changed to a more free flowing air filter and are now running lean without rejettting...lean is baaaaaaaadddddddd...

03-16-2008, 07:28 PM
go to www.jetsrus.com and read all of their faq sections...

bluegunnman
03-16-2008, 07:41 PM
sounds likeit really doesnt make a power difference but it better for the motor right,? i should get it done by a professional seems complicated

03-16-2008, 07:43 PM
it is very simple to do...

bluegunnman
03-16-2008, 07:49 PM
i think im goin to order it and try doin it myself any advice?

03-17-2008, 06:15 AM
take your time, remember where the bolts for your fenders go...it is easy but time consuming...it is usually a trial and error thing to get it right. you are ok being a little rich(too much gas)...you do not want to be lean(too much air) at all.

the "extra" fuel actually helps cooling, that is why it is ok to be a little rich(some call it fat). read the faqs from www.jetsrus.com to help you be able to read your plug...expect a whole afternoon...with some test runs...