PDA

View Full Version : Friend just picked up his wife's Predator.

oynot400
11-21-2002, 01:43 PM
I just got off the phone with my buddy. He is on his way home with his wife's new Predator. He rode it around the dealership lot and loved it. As soon as he gets home he is going to ride on his track for a little while. Then it goes in the trailer for the trip to Oklahoma! So if anyone is going to be at the Little Sahara this weekend it will be there.
By the way his Banshee is now for sale. :eek:

oynot400
11-21-2002, 03:25 PM
He just called me again at work, just to rub it in I think. :rolleyes: After 2 laps on his track he is in love with this thing. It handles awsome and the power is so smooth. He claims that he is selling his Banshee that he just got done stroking and going through the engine and ordering another Predator. He and I can't wait to get it side by side with my 463. :devil
I will report more when I get back from LS. :D

MSL
11-21-2002, 03:40 PM
Keep us posted i cant wait to hear how the predetor does:cool:

Team Outlaw #34
11-21-2002, 03:57 PM
stupid predator....but yeah post if you beat him or not....you better beat him! :)

Z400central
11-21-2002, 04:15 PM
NICE!!! time to get my new site up! :D

TravEX
11-21-2002, 05:13 PM
yeah, keep us posted,,,did he just get the standard model?,,,if he don't mind, what did he pay?

later

Trav

Rip_Tear
11-21-2002, 06:56 PM
I dont think you should post if he beats you!:D JK, but I dont want to hear he beat you!

phatswinn
11-22-2002, 10:53 AM
tell us how many hours it takes for the engine to blow too...dam polarass's

Woodsrider
11-22-2002, 02:24 PM
I call bullsh*t, NOBODY has a preditor yet. They wont even ship till after the 27th of November. That is the word from the factory, to our dealers owner this morning. I will believe it when you post a pic of it;)

2k2-300exnj
11-22-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
I call bullsh*t, NOBODY has a preditor yet. They wont even ship till after the 27th of November. That is the word from the factory, to our dealers owner this morning. I will believe it when you post a pic of it;)
not true people have them

Woodsrider
11-22-2002, 04:45 PM
Show me proof. I went to the dealer this morning to check up on them and I heard different. Also, nobody in the Polaris forum at atvconnection has seen theirs come in yet. People who work at Polaris say the same thing, Dec at the earliest. But seeing is believing.

Z400central
11-22-2002, 05:11 PM
The LE have been shipped, they were shipped the 12th.

Woodsrider
11-22-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by hpicrv00
The LE have been shipped, they were shipped the 12th.

Really, the Polaris website says the TLD will be delivered to the dealers in December. Again, I'll beleive it when I see a pic of one in someones driveway. I wish they would hurry though. I want to ride one, unlike a lot of folks out there I think Polaris has the potential to make a good quad here. I would like to see Polaris take the #1 sales slot from Honda. I think it would be just the wake-up call Honda needs.

infantry317
11-23-2002, 09:05 AM
Daryl Rath (National Champ 2X) already has four, one prototype with no serial #'s and 3 set up for mx, tt and cc. Granted he factory sponsored. But he did buy the 3 of 4. :D

JAM76
11-23-2002, 06:29 PM
A dealership here in Utah is already selling them. I saw it with my own eyes had one waiting to be picked up last week on the show room floor.

sylvan56473
11-23-2002, 08:10 PM
Daryl Rath (National Champ 2X)

I thought that Daryl only had 1 national championship and that was the 93 open?

infantry317
11-23-2002, 09:06 PM
His site says 2 years?
www.rathracing.com

oynot400
11-25-2002, 08:04 PM
Well I have to apologize, my buddy told me he went to pick up his new quad. I assumed that it was the Predator, since he has been in the dealership for the last couple of weeks. They promised him that it would be in for our trip to Oklahoma.
Well I pulled in his drive and there was no Predator, but a new Gas Gas! :eek: His Predator is not to shipped now until sometime in December, he is not happy with Polaris. :mad:
This Gas Gas is everything that they said it would be. The power is soooooooo smmmmooooootttttthhhhh!!!!!! :devil This thing is very easy to ride, it almost drives itself. :rolleyes: I don't know what we have for pics yet, but as soon as I can get them developed I will post.
When we dragged them in the sand, my 463 is faster. :devil However even with my shocks and a-arms his handles much better. It is balanced very well also. Since it has a twist throttle on it I could not jump it very well. That did not stop him though. He was out jumping his Banshee with ease. His shee has more power and is faster, but it should with the work that has been done with it.
It looks like Gas Gas has really done there homework with this. The fit and finish is excellent. It is big, but not too big. I had a hard time going back to mine because it felt so small. :eek:
I can't wait to see the 4-stroke version, I may have to trade. :huh

joeroadking
11-25-2002, 08:24 PM
how mutch is the gas gas quad with freicght set up, looks awesome on the web site? man your buddy must have much$$$$$$ if he buys so many quads new that you can not keep track wow!!

oynot400
11-26-2002, 07:09 AM
He does a lot of business with Iowa City Powersports so they cut him a real good deal at $7400 out the door. :eek: