PDA

View Full Version : My new ride!!

sprayedgt
03-16-2008, 06:09 PM
So what'cha think? I love it! So much fun, plenty of power, pulls wheelies on command, and handles excellent in the trails. Not a lot of ground clearance so it bottoms out in the ruts but I've just gotta pick a better line I guess. I only have 36miles on it so far so I haven't had a chance to go past 1/2 throttle. I can't wait until I can start opening it up:D

sprayedgt
03-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Here's one of mine and my girl's '08 Wolverine 450 together. I know it's a Yamaha, but it's pretty cool. I wish Honda would step up and make a crossover ATV.

Honda#4
03-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Quad looks great.

You think its great now just wait till you start modding the crap outta it then come back and tell me how ya feel.

sprayedgt
03-16-2008, 07:01 PM
I'm looking into an exhaust now. Not sure what one just yet. I put skid plates on it before I took it out for the first time because the factory plastic ones looked like they couldn't protect anything. But I'm probably going to put a K&N on it this week.

450rJam
03-16-2008, 07:02 PM
congrads, nice choice of atv

it looks alot better in the real world than the honda photo's I seen

Young_Gun1
03-16-2008, 07:13 PM
just going to warn you that a k&n might let dirt through unless done really well! i recomend you get a uni which will still increase your air intake! also take off the airbox lid it'll help too

416exfreak
03-16-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Young_Gun1
just going to warn you that a k&n might let dirt through unless done really well! i recomend you get a uni which will still increase your air intake! also take off the airbox lid it'll help too

I second that notion. Go with UNI.

sprayedgt
03-17-2008, 04:14 PM
It does look a lot better in person. I had a couple of compliments on it Friday when I had it out. People that had the last gen 400ex said they love the new body work. If I got a Uni filter would I have to change jets?

Honda#4
03-17-2008, 05:36 PM
Any time you add more air to the motor you need to rejet.

krt400ex
03-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by sprayedgt
I'm looking into an exhaust now. Not sure what one just yet. I put skid plates on it before I took it out for the first time because the factory plastic ones looked like they couldn't protect anything. But I'm probably going to put a K&N on it this week.

heres mine wit the yosh...great pipe...highly recommended.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YzmIOsayOFM

Lowcountrydave
03-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Hey sprayedgt

You ride out at CAW? Or Enoree OHV?

Dave

DIRTRIDER22
03-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Your bike is tits man! I got a 07, I really like the new plastics though.

sprayedgt
03-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by DIRTRIDER22
Your bike is tits man! I got a 07, I really like the new plastics though. Thanks I appreciate that.

We went CAW this past friday and are planning on going this coming friday. It was chewed up and rutted pretty bad though. We only went on trail 5 & 6 because we weren't sure just how bad the rest of the place was and we were just starting to break both machines in. So if I put the Uni filter on I have to rejet the carb?

450rJam
03-18-2008, 04:47 PM
if your going to leave the air box lid on you wont have to rejet
(but your not going to see any performance gains)

if you plan on getting exhaust,filter,cam in the future you should get a jet kit so you can jet it as you upgrade

sprayedgt
03-18-2008, 05:26 PM
My plans right now are to just get better filtration since it's brand new and where I ride tends to be EXTREMELY dusty. I'm going to order a full exhaust either this week or next, just not sure what one. It's either going to be a Yoshimura, HMF, or FMF full exhaust.