PDA

View Full Version : Cam chain tensioner tool?

Honda#4
03-16-2008, 02:19 PM
I was reading in my clymer manual and it says to make a key thingy for the cam chain tensioner to retract the pin, question is I dont have acess to any metal so what do you guys do to keep the cam chain tensioner retracted? Can you use just a screwdriver to do it?

REDRIDDER
03-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Can you use just a screwdriver to do it?
yes it even shows this in your clymer lol...but yeah a small flat blade screwdriver will work.

Honda#4
03-16-2008, 06:33 PM
I know it shows it but I was just confused about why they would use a screwdriver then a key to hold it.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Young_Gun1
03-16-2008, 07:19 PM
the key things is so that the tensioner stays retracted! i used a flat head screw driver bit and it held it just fine

416exfreak
03-16-2008, 07:22 PM
I use a small flat headed screwdriver. Just hold it and get the 2 bolts started and screwed in. Then slowly let it go and tighten the two bolts.

Honda#4
03-17-2008, 06:49 AM
Ok thanks guys for the help, I got my HC Stage 2 and the Namura Gasket kit ordered yesterday. Soon as I get that stuff teardown begins.

Where do you find the molybendulim desulfied grease or whatever they said in the manual to coat like the cam and such? Sorry bout the spelling.

On a side note im getting my Roll pegs today thanks to the quad account"Paypal" lol