PDA

View Full Version : lube vs. wax

Texan32
11-21-2002, 01:11 PM
Ok, i've been doing some searching on here and i have also gone to a few manufacture's web sites...and i'm still confused. What is the difference in the different chain lubes? Whats the difference between lue and wax? When i first got the ol' 400, i baught a can of PJ1 lube. It worked good (i guess...no problems yet), but it was just SOOOO darn messy. I have since switched to Bel Ray. The PJ1 would be real gummy and sticky and clear is color. The Bel Ray goes on very easy and MUCH cleaner. I gives it a nice whiteish color and it doesn't seem to come off (sling off) like the PJ1 did. Can anyone explain the differences?!

Sportrax10
11-21-2002, 03:08 PM
i was wondering the same thing

11-21-2002, 06:14 PM
i believe a lube stays on and sort of stays in a liquid form where a wax will harden on the chain. For dusty conditions a lube will be less messy and will fling off less.

coryatver
11-21-2002, 08:34 PM
Bel Ray changed there lube so it is not as messy as it used to be. It used to be really messy. I think the difference performance wise is that the wax does not work as long. You have to apply it a lot more

stocktires
11-22-2002, 01:05 PM
I used maxima CLEAR chain gaurd and I LOVE IT!
I wouldnt even think of useng anything else besides it!
Try a can next time you come acrose it! The non-clear is really messy, but still worked great. So I got the clear and its all good now :blah

yellow400rider
11-22-2002, 11:03 PM
I use maxima chain WAX. awesome stuff! easy to apply and clean up isnt that bad, just need a little elbow grease.

Team Outlaw #34
11-22-2002, 11:06 PM
you took the words out of my mouth....i was going to ask the question too....i hate when all the chain lube gets flinged all over!