PDA

View Full Version : Powermadd Star or Powermadd PowerX?

YZ400EX
03-16-2008, 10:52 AM
I am debating on some new hand guards and am having a tough choice between the Powermadd Star and the new Powermadd PowerX guards. The cool thing about the X guards is the flexible mount and the different look of them, but I dont know how stable it would be while jumping or hitting large whoops.. I dont want to have floppy hand guards.. The Star guards are nice, but very common and are a little bigger than the new PowerX.. Anyone have any experience mounting thethe new X to Flexx bars?

Warnerade
03-21-2008, 09:53 PM
they do seem a bit flimsy, but they should hold up...ill let ya know how they are riding tomorrow.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=10029207&albumID=1659517&imageID=31611178

250xridamatt
03-21-2008, 10:35 PM
I am sponsored by Powermadd and decided to try out the new PowerX handguards. I must have overtightened them or something, because the first time I rode with them part of the mount broke. It may have just been a defective piece, but I emailed them and they immediately sent me a brand new mounting system, stickers, and a keychain. No questions asked. Their customer service has been amazing. I got the new ones mounted up and they work perfectly. They are not as flimsy as you might think. It takes a little effort to bend them, so they won't be flopping all over the place. Plus, the price is great.

Maybe I can get a picture up for you tomorrow. They are mounted on my flexx bars.

YZ400EX
03-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt
I am sponsored by Powermadd and decided to try out the new PowerX handguards. I must have overtightened them or something, because the first time I rode with them part of the mount broke. It may have just been a defective piece, but I emailed them and they immediately sent me a brand new mounting system, stickers, and a keychain. No questions asked. Their customer service has been amazing. I got the new ones mounted up and they work perfectly. They are not as flimsy as you might think. It takes a little effort to bend them, so they won't be flopping all over the place. Plus, the price is great.

Maybe I can get a picture up for you tomorrow. They are mounted on my flexx bars.

Yes a picture mounted on the flexx bars would be great.. Are the mounts for the X the same shape as the Star??

mx1791
03-22-2008, 11:29 AM
i have the powerX's and i think they are kinda crappy. the first ride with them the little braket that holds them to the bars snapped. its taped on now...
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/cbasil_2006/yfz450/yfzclean1.jpg

250xridamatt
03-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Give them a call or an email and I'm sure they will help you out. I think the lady told me something about a weak first batch. Was it the little U shaped bracket that snapped?

mx1791
03-22-2008, 11:43 PM
yea it was that little U shaped one