PDA

View Full Version : Finally bit the bullet

ScottB125
03-16-2008, 08:27 AM
I finally got a ds450. My initial impression blasting down the street...not all that fast. I used to have a lightly modified 250r and it felt slower than it. I found a field and did a little riding in it. That is when I could tell it had alot more low end. Coming out of turns, I can't keep the front down..lol. I might wait to cut the pink wire. I'll have to get used to the power down low.

One thing I don't like about this bike, it feels like I'm sitting up too tall and that makes it feel unstable. I haven't really hit a turn yet, so as of now, its just a perception.

Looking this bike over gets me excited. I tune alot of late model F-bodes...Camaros, TA's, vettes and seeing an IAC valve on a 4-wheeler is pretty cool. I can't wait to get into the computer!!

Scott

ScottB125
03-16-2008, 07:54 PM
I went out today and beat the snot out of this thing...I love this bike. It absorbs the bumps, jumps, and flat out hauls ***.

I did drag race a stock YFZ and a YFZ with a pipe and a commander. The stock one, we left in the dust, but I was dead even with the modded one. I haven't even cut the pink wire yet....

If you are thinking of getting one....go get it. I am impressed with it.

ThePhantomRider
03-17-2008, 11:21 AM
Congratulations!!!

I'm glad you took the time to tell everyone your initial concerns about feeling too tall and power wise.

Then you really ride it and discover the perception you got was just that, perception. Good to hear you really like it, and yeah, if you cut the pink wire, you'll have an even bigger grin!!!

Just read an (amazingly) glowing article in ATV Action (Dirtwheels Lite) about the DS and how much better the production unit was over the pre-production version. They only had a couple minor nit picks and those were not performance related.

They even said the stock bike was just as fast in the dunes as the Raptor, Polaris 525 and KTM 525, they were very impressed.

TPR

TPR

mhill157
03-21-2008, 08:30 PM
I just pick up my DS450x today and spent ten minutes on it and stock it felt better than my trx 450. even though it looks like the same dimensions as the honda it fells so much more comfortable to ride. Maybe if it gets warmer then 30 degrees i will ride tomorrow.

Like to thank all you ds owners for talking me into buying one :D

ds450maniac
03-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Congrats to both of you new DS owners!!! Post some pics. I'm getting a DS soon I hope, I'm getting mad cause I haven't seen on in person yet:( cause nobody bought one around here. I'm waiting till the 09's come out and gonna see if anything changes on them and I could get a left over cheap:D

jaredw
03-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Also a new X owner myself. Havent really had true riding on it seeing we still have snow in Michigan. I will let you know updates though. I have a link to a pic in my sig.

Dan_Guetter
03-23-2008, 03:31 PM
I guess the ds450X is an unbelievable machine! Pick that model up first if you can!!