PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!!!

250X TERROR
11-21-2002, 12:23 PM
MY CHAIN KEEPS COMING OFF BUT I CANT FIND THE PROBLEM. I TIGHTEND THE ADJUSTER ALL THE WAY, GOT AN AFTERMARKET CHAIN ROLLER BUT NOTHING WORKS> FRUSTRATING TO RIDE LIKE THAT . PLEASE HELP?

Guy400
11-21-2002, 12:29 PM
Check the teeth on both sprockets. If they're starting to curve and look like shark fins than they need replaced. Also make sure you aren't missing any teeth on the sprockets. Next I'd put the rear end of the quad up on blocks and spin the tires and watch the rear sprocket. Check and make sure it's not warped. If it's warped it'll throw chains.

KAWSAM62
11-21-2002, 12:44 PM
MAKE SURE THE SPROCKET ARE IN A STRAIGHT LINE

Texan32
11-21-2002, 12:56 PM
you said you adjusted the chain all the way. Was there still slack in the chain? When was the last time you replaced the chain?

yellow_ho_01
11-21-2002, 01:03 PM
adjust your chain so its good to ride on. Then take a scibe/screwdriver and make one scratch that goes across the chain adjuster onto the swingarm., then ride the quad around alittle, or until it happens again. Check your marks,... if they are not still lined up then you are either not tightening the bearing carrier down enough, or you have gotton something(dirt, water, grease... anything) inside the carrier and it lets it spin causeing your chain to go slack, then it kicks off. If the marks are still lined up then either the teeth are worn or sprocket is bent.

trueblue450
11-21-2002, 01:20 PM
when i put my new shock on this did this to me all the time.. I just had to tighten the shock so it wasnt so flexibal.. now it doesnt do it as much.. maybe your shocks goin out ??