PDA

View Full Version : Quadfest 2008

Crazy Diamond
03-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Who's all going this year???

www.thequadfest.com

ameier5051
04-03-2008, 08:45 PM
A large group of my friends and myself will be there for sure!

Barrymaxx
04-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Ill be there again for sure. Probly the same group... Ill be there for all they days this time. Last year I left saturday night.

Just a FYI, most of the local hotels are ALREADY FULL!! So if you didnt reserve a room, better get on it. Its impossible to find one within 20 miles of the trails once quadfest gets closer.

Crazy Diamond
04-04-2008, 03:56 PM
FYI!!! For your information it is a ton more fun camping at the Quadfest then leaving and going to a hotel! The fun starts when the trails close! LOL

Barrymaxx
04-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Yeah from what ive heard, camping is really fun, but it wont work with the people that I go with.

Hopefuly they improve the track this year, maybe add on a little more...

rdw03400ex
05-04-2008, 07:37 AM
ive never been to quadfest, and a few of us are thinking about goin this year. whats its like as far as the trails go? do you have to go slow on the trails or is there room to open it up if you want? also i dont have a title for my brothers 00 300ex. is that going to be a problem. i read all the faqs and rules on the quadfest site but i want to make sure before we make the 2 hr drive up and have to turn around and come home.

jtquad
05-04-2008, 12:57 PM
We will be there again have a vendor booth again this year - JT

dan harris
05-12-2008, 07:01 AM
The Proving Grounds is only 40 miles from the quad fest. Anyone wanting to check out the park on their way to or from the quad fest should stop by and see what we have to offer.

I'll be at the quad fest on Sunday riding the trails on my 400ex (#584). Hope to see you here or there.

www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com

panteramatt
05-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Ill be there as usual!!!!

Tubsy
05-14-2008, 08:11 PM
im going to try to get out this year.

Crazy Diamond
05-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Hey Pantera Matt! Sorry as of right now I won't be making it! Between gas and no having a big enough trailer to get everything down I won't be there! Was there for 3 and won't see the 4th! Probably no different anyway! Nice to see all the people and quads but it should really move around to different locations year to year!

panteramatt
05-16-2008, 04:27 AM
WTF DON!!!! It wont be the same without you there. Stop being a bit** and get your @$$ there! Well if I dont see ya Id like to come up your way and ride, seriously.

Crazy Diamond
05-16-2008, 04:29 AM
We are still trying but have 4 quads to haul and a trailer for 2! Never know! We may be there! Anytime you want to ride let me know!

Barrymaxx
06-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Its getting closer! Im driving 12 hours to west virginia to ride hatfield McCoy trails next week, then coming back for quadfest.

Crazy Diamond, any update? Come on man, you have to go. If not ill post up all my pics amd youl be kicking yourself.

But I do agree, a new location each year would be pretty cool.

Crazy Diamond
06-24-2008, 09:05 PM
No Update and nothings changed! Saving my money for whatever happens next year! If gas doesn't go down I'll buy a pass for Reading Anteracite land which is within a 45 minute ride from here! Lots of riding anytime!

panteramatt
06-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Yea this will be the first year Im not going either. Gonna try soem other new areas though.

boosted3g
06-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Anyone get tickets yet. I ordered them from their website a month and a half ago and have got nothing. 5 tickets and 3 camping spots and they hit me with 20.50 for shipping and i live 2 hours away. I dont but this is giving me a bad feeling so far between the shipping fees and not having my tickets yet. Their phone number on their site is a recording so i havent talked with them.

Crazy Diamond
06-26-2008, 03:52 AM
If you read the website it tells you everywhere they won't be sent out until July 5th no matter when you buy them.

boosted3g
06-26-2008, 05:44 PM
First there was no date posted, then it was the 5th, now today its the 7th. At least they are keeping everyone posted now. Im sure they had a ton of people asking.

Crazy Diamond
06-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Since the beginning it has been posted. But now they just have it on the front page!

Vtwinmadman
07-14-2008, 07:06 AM
Crazy D you suck balls

jtquad
07-14-2008, 07:24 AM
we are camping with 10 - 20 guys! Come up to the NYATV booth and say whats up to us! We will def party all weekend long. Everyone is more than welcome to come tot he booth and hangout during the day if you want a break. We have DVDs and helmet cam footage from all over the us that we took rolling all weekend. See everyone there! Our booth is across from Fishers ATV and between Can Am and Yamaha right next to the Pink Ribbon Rider Chicks - JT

sreustle
07-14-2008, 09:27 AM
I will be there, and why is there 3 or so topics going on about quadfest? :P

jtquad
07-14-2008, 10:31 AM
lol i have no idea - JT

Crazy Diamond
07-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Weather Forecast for Somerset PA

Tue
Jul 15
Sunny
79°
55°

Wed
Jul 16
Sunny
84°
60°

Thu
Jul 17
Mostly Sunny
87°
62°

Fri
Jul 18
Sunny
86°
63°

Sat
Jul 19
Mostly Sunny
85°
64°

Sun
Jul 20
Scattered T-Storms
79°
61°

Remember last year??? DUSTY as HELL
I'm still coughing!!! I'm not kidding either.
No rain in the forecast for the week. Don't know how the weather was before today but I can guarantee it WILL be DUSTY!! Bring some kind of DUST MASKS!!! Trust Me!!!

jtquad
07-14-2008, 09:04 PM
No riding through the vendor area this year will help us guys in the booths out at least - JT

sreustle
07-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by jtquad
No riding through the vendor area this year will help us guys in the booths out at least - JT we wernt really allowed last year either, but you could kinda go up around teh side near the food stuff to get to the drags/obstical/modbog area

Crazy Diamond
07-14-2008, 09:06 PM
THAT was a BAD idea last year!!!

07ltr4fiddy
07-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Well we went and had a blast.. The only bad thing that happened all weekend was i broke my quad on that rocky *** motocross track but overall it was fun

Barrymaxx
07-20-2008, 04:56 PM
I HATE DUST!

sreustle
07-20-2008, 05:26 PM
haha, i had a great dustfest, howabout you guys?

boosted3g
07-20-2008, 06:51 PM
dustfest was fun, ill be back next year. Could have been better but it was fun. Maybe move it else where with more open trails and leave the dirt bikes at home.

ymustang
07-20-2008, 07:11 PM
yea it was a great time, i was there saturday all day:D ..i could only do one day because of the work schedule:( ..man it sure was dusty at time's, a nice rain storm would have helped;) ..i have rode up there before, it was not my first time at mountian ridge trail's but my first quad fest..i thought it was a great time, sorry i missed the mud bog on sunday:( ..

i only have one observation/thought, did any one else notice that some if not all the so called security was a little uptight:confused: ..it was like that shirt made them into authority monster's or basic a**hole's..i had two bad encounter's with them and all i was doing is 1) asking a question about the trail system they had that weekend and this guy start's going off about poeple not following the rule's and he was going to start throwing poeple out on thier a**'s, i told him relax yourself man thier probally alot of poeple that have never been here before and don't know the deal yet..talk about a person who needed some chill out medicene:rolleyes: ..2) we were coming out of the trail's near some camper's and mistakingly made a wrong turn and this guy got shi**y with us and talking to me like a 3yr old..that guy got corrected real fast on how to talk to poeple, i explained to him we made a wrong turn and if he continued to talk to me in a aggresive/passive way his day was going to turn out real bad..i'm by no mean's john wayne or chuck norris or some one who look's for trouble but i'm not going to be talked to like that by a minuim wage, fat ugly wife having, uneducated person who was handed a t-shirt full of authority:grr: ..some one need's to tell these guy's to talk to people respectivly like they would want us to talk to them because it could be a bad scene..you never know who you are talking to, esspecially in today's world:scary: :devil:

mojavedude
07-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by ymustang

i only have one observation/thought, did any one else notice that some if not all the so called security was a little uptight:confused:

yea me and 2 other guys were riding wheelies up that big open hil by the mx track for a half hour and some security guys saw us and some were watching us as well as a bunch of other poeple then this security guy started coming towards us really fast and jumped off his quad and took our keys out (we had no intentions of running, we were waiting for him to come to us and had our engines off) then he gave us a stern talking to, what if a kid runs out yea yea yea, i mean hes right but everyone was a safe distance away but yea he was a real dick it and refused to listen to us.

sreustle
07-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by mojavedude
yea me and 2 other guys were riding wheelies up that big open hil by the mx track for a half hour and some security guys saw us and some were watching us as well as a bunch of other poeple then this security guy started coming towards us really fast and jumped off his quad and took our keys out (we had no intentions of running, we were waiting for him to come to us and had our engines off) then he gave us a stern talking to, what if a kid runs out yea yea yea, i mean hes right but everyone was a safe distance away but yea he was a real dick it and refused to listen to us.

was teh security guy that yelled at you pretty heavy and had some facial hair, but not much on top of his head?

jtquad
07-21-2008, 06:55 AM
Security was terrible, and they all looked like your description lol. What i didnt like was put your helmet on etc. then there they go off in a rhino or something no helmets. etc. Saw them on those scooters again no helmets. If you make a rule then security should show by example - JT

sreustle
07-21-2008, 06:58 AM
yeah, if you noticed, the staff guy that was driving around and pulling the trailer that you threw your trash in, he was drinking a beer while he was, and we got a picture of that.

and who was the knuckle head that punched the staff guy after they announced the drags were being postponed until Sunday morning. some of you drunk guys were giving them a really hard time about that, and it wasn't their decision

panteramatt
07-21-2008, 07:16 AM
Yea, unfortunatly the staff there sucks and always has. You all need to obey yhe rules though. Im getting really sick of reading and hearing about people doing wheelies where they shoulnt and other stunts. You all need to grow the hell up and save it for the trails. Theres ALL sorts of places along their trails to do infinite wheelies but I guess some people just need to show off. Its a damn shame!:devil:

sreustle
07-21-2008, 07:20 AM
Lets just hope there is a quadfest next year, during the saturday night antics, while security was yelling at those guys, they started throwing rocks and hit one of the staff guys trucks and left a lot of damage. And 2 got arrested, and now that the state troopers had to be involved, the insurance for the event will go up a lot and they said they dont think its worth it anymore and are considering not holding it next year.

I heard that from one of the 6 owners of the property

panteramatt
07-21-2008, 07:21 AM
What happened Sat. night?I wasnt therer this year.

Pappy
07-21-2008, 08:21 AM
wow, that was apretty crazy event uh:p i saw the scuffle at the mud bog, teh rider should have listened and there wouldnt have been an issue.

sorry to hear about the other stuff.

Friday and Saturday Gallery (http://kenhill.smugmug.com/gallery/5485721_Fj6Rm#335414063_2PNYZ)

Sunday Gallery (http://kenhill.smugmug.com/gallery/5484237_tEqeo#335332537_RuDsE)

Overall we had alot of fun and sure hope there is no problem with Quadfest 2009. Organization can go along way, and riders keeping the drinking down and using common sense would sure help.

jtquad
07-21-2008, 08:27 AM
Pappy, pleasure meeting you, Harlin and the Guys. Ill keep you updated with news and events etc on our end. Thanks again. Great Pics! - JT

Pappy
07-21-2008, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by jtquad
Pappy, pleasure meeting you, Harlin and the Guys. Ill keep you updated with news and events etc on our end. Thanks again. Great Pics! - JT

same here bud. please keep us in the loop with your clubs events, and if there is ever any way i can swing coming to one i surely would!

jtquad
07-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Awesome, PM me your email so i can get you a flyer for our 10th annual Charity ride. 600 riders shoudl be great time - JT

Pappy
07-21-2008, 08:42 AM
bkperformance@peoplepc.com

also, please send one to webmaster@atvriders.com so we can promote the event for you guys!

jtquad
07-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Great Thanks - JT

Honda5
07-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by panteramatt
Y You all need to obey yhe rules though. Im getting really sick of reading and hearing about people doing wheelies where they shoulnt and other stunts. You all need to grow the hell up and save it for the trails. Theres ALL sorts of places along their trails to do infinite wheelies but I guess some people just need to show off. Its a damn shame!:devil:

well said. I wish they would have thrown out about 500 of the people that can't follow the rules. I can't understand why people can't take it on the trail. I have no problem with ripping it up but there is a place for it. it's just a lack of respect for the people that gave us a place to ride and for the people that were there to have a nice weekend.

mojavedude
07-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by sreustle
was teh security guy that yelled at you pretty heavy and had some facial hair, but not much on top of his head?

seems like him, he must of been doing about 25 coming up to us then he starts yelling at us for going over 5mph

sreustle
07-21-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by mojavedude
seems like him, he must of been doing about 25 coming up to us then he starts yelling at us for going over 5mph yeah that guy had something up... nevermind

lets just hope we can do this again next year :P

mojavedude
07-21-2008, 03:06 PM
on the website it says "2009 Dates to Follow"

fulltiltrider
07-22-2008, 07:46 AM
awesome pics guys, Im the fat ***** with the chromed out zilla at the drags lol. It was a good time, just like all the yrs. Always has some quarks though. Give some of those security guys a break though, out of the 5000+ people there were probably 200 aholes that they had to deal with.