PDA

View Full Version : Do you let other people ride your quad?

ryewith
11-21-2002, 11:22 AM
I am posting this poll because I have talked to a lot of people that have different opinions on this issue. I have a "u break it u fix it" policy but it has some variables for wear and tear items of course. Any thoughts?

11-21-2002, 11:41 AM
It all depends on who the person is. IF they have lots of quad riding experience have it. If they refer to my quad as a three wheeler...I ask them to slowly step back and quit breathing on the 416. :D

Also if there unemployed they can't even look at it or if they they look like this guy:huh while trying to start it,,i jerk them off by their hair..:eek:

2K1 300EX
11-21-2002, 11:54 AM
I let 1 person ride it and that will never happen again. It was the day I was leaving to go on my senior trip to Cancun and I let him take it and told him just to bring it back in a few hours because I had to go get some stuff form the store. Well I come home and was happy to see my quad parked where it should be, I walked over to get the key and notice that the burn hole in my fender is now 2 or 3 times bigger and my pipe has different bolts in it than the stock ones and the edge of the muffler is scraped up a little. :grr I called my friend and asked him and he said that notign happened to it. Once i got back form my trip he came over and owned up to it but said "the exhaust just fell off when we were riding". I said "we" who? Well he had went to another friend of ours house and apparently one of them stood it up and did all that. His excuse was he didn't want me to be mad on my trip to Cancun :rolleyes: Well now nobody rides it at all.

ryewith
11-21-2002, 11:54 AM
lol.. yes riding experience definitely will be a factor.

stocktires
11-21-2002, 11:58 AM
I used to let people ride my R some, But now....NO WAY! Unless they have extreme experience & I would trust them with my life

QuadTrix6
11-21-2002, 12:02 PM
sure you can ride my quad....if your name is Dana Creech :square

YZROOSTINYA
11-21-2002, 12:03 PM
i let pretty much whoever ride my quad, if they break it i break them. its a quad, not a girlfriend, although i do treat it like the latter.

if they have any knowledge of a clutch and brakes/gas then give it a whirl, i dont care. but almost all of my friends have some sort of skill. i would have a hard time letting a complete stranger ride it, unless they looked okay and jsut wanted to take it for a quick whip. but most of the time i offer it to people to see what they think

spliffy
11-21-2002, 12:05 PM
Im totally with Rico on this one :huh a while back I had a freind who wanted to ride the r & I was like ok figuring everyone has ridden a 4 wheeler before... but u know what... NOT TRUE... this guy got on & was like where is the key & how do I start it... so i figured this was ok..... maybe he is a little excited & Was expecting elec start or something... so i show him.... you Kick it d00d.... oh okay... so away he kicks.... & kicked & kicked.... & everytime he kicked, he moved forward about 6 inches (not in neutral & no clue what a clutch is) so after about 10 feet of movement I told him to get off cuz he had ridden it 10 feet & that was enough. hahahaha :devil

ChadEXer
11-21-2002, 12:14 PM
2 times in my life my friends have rode my quads and they have wrecked them,,,but for some reason I still let my friends ride them,,,,,,most of my friends have tricked out quads,,,I ride theirs and they ride mine!!! My mechanic is the only one I feel safe letting ride it,,,if he breaks it he can fix it,,,,and he makes good money!!

QuadTrix6
11-21-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by ChadEXer
[B]2 times in my life my friends have rode my quads and they have wrecked them,,,but for some reason I still let my friends ride them,,,,,,most of my friends have tricked out quads,,,I ride theirs and they ride mine!!! B]

:huh

ChadEXer
11-21-2002, 12:22 PM
QuadTrix, I read what I wrote and it did kind of sound stupid!! My 2 friends that wrecked my Ranchers I used to have no longer ride anything of mine, but all the guys I drag race with have nice quads and we usually switch out quads at the race and drag each others quads!!!!

L.Vegas400
11-21-2002, 12:24 PM
i let my roommate ride once, he damn near fell off but just kinda ran over his leg. lmao. select ppl only

TRX250X
11-21-2002, 12:54 PM
I don't care about my dad and little brothers riding, and most of my friends have a quad or nice 3-wheeler of their own for collateral if anything would happen. Other than that no one rides it.

beerock
11-21-2002, 12:55 PM
ya there shoulda been a experienced riders only to choose from.

I only let experienced people ride it.

I tried to teach my girl how to ride my bike(with a twist throttle)
Not a good idea. thank god i was on back and pulled in the clutch.
she held on the bars like they were pullin her and you all know what happens when you do that on a twist throttle...

we went into the woods and almost crashed hard.

so much for tryin that....never again.

Derno24
11-21-2002, 12:59 PM
It is all in fun. No one was hurt right. My wife<cough weeze> took off up a hill at tower city on one wheel was funny to watch though. Yes she was fine, she wasn't trying to do this.

Texan32
11-21-2002, 01:14 PM
Rico pretty much hit it on the nose. But in any case....you break it, you buy it. I apply that to my quad and i alway apply that when someone is nice enough to let me scoot around on theirs!

oj250r
11-21-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Rico
It all depends on who the person is. IF they have lots of quad riding experience have it. If they refer to my quad as a three wheeler...I ask them to slowly step back and quit breathing on the 416. :D

Also if there unemployed they can't even look at it or if they they look like this guy:huh while trying to start it,,i jerk them off by their hair..:eek:

up,,,,rico's right on the money:devil :p :D but to me it mostly depends on who the person is and can they fix it when they break it........

by the way rico,,,gotta love the 416:devil i want to ride it again:blah

HondaRancherES
11-21-2002, 01:49 PM
The only people that drive my Rancher are the ones who have a quad and know how to handle one.

bandit390
11-21-2002, 01:50 PM
If they let me ride theres...they can.

ryewith
11-21-2002, 01:55 PM
What if your tranny goes out and someone else is riding your quad? Does that mean they should pay for the repair? That's a pretty expensive mistake. All I can say is I'm glad I was the one shifting the gears when mine went out.

2K1 300EX
11-21-2002, 01:57 PM
I just remembered that somebody else (my neighbor yet a stranger) has rode my 300ex but he let me drive his 400ex his friends tricked out warrior that was for sale.

250exen
11-21-2002, 02:29 PM
i let my friends ride on 2 serkumstances(sp?) 1) i am there when they ride it (no my friends dont go off their own way) and 2) you break it, you buy aftermaket thing you broke!

Blysster
11-21-2002, 02:39 PM
If ya want a good laugh let your "experienced" friends try a tricked out ATC 250R with twist throttle :devil :huh :D

Str8Wicked
11-21-2002, 02:41 PM
There is only a few people who borrow my 400 and they are all family. I don't like lending it out but I don't feel good telling family NO when they help me out with other stuff. They do know that they break it they buy it....

AtvMxRider
11-21-2002, 02:46 PM
My wife can ride my 400 but that's it nobody else. The way I see it I didn't pay $5000 for somebody else to **** it up.

Pappy
11-21-2002, 02:52 PM
i wouldnt let many ride my quad.....

but a few....2R's rider...rico..taco...jeff@quadshop...etc that have expierence with quads....no problem. i think it boils down to how well you know the person...thier riding abilty and...maybe financial status;) :D

heck....2R's let me blast away on his new 310 powervalve R.....and i gave it he!!:devil but.....he also knew i could ride it...and control it. just be careful ....some people will flat out abuse yer chit.....just for the fun of it.

the bigger question here.....who pays for the damage if a wreck does happen???:confused:

oj250r
11-21-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

but a few....2R's rider...rico..taco...jeff@quadshop...etc that have expierence with quads....no problem. i think it boils down to how well you know the person...thier riding abilty and...maybe financial status;) :D

heck....2R's let me blast away on his new 310 powervalve R.....and i gave it he!!:devil but.....he also knew i could ride it...and control it. just be careful ....some people will flat out abuse yer chit.....just for the fun of it.

the bigger question here.....who pays for the damage if a wreck does happen???:confused:

so your talkin bout ridin it for the day...ohhhhh

i thought yall were just talkin bout just ridin it for a lil while....

i dont mind people ridin my quad for a sec,or doin a jump or two,just as long as they dont wreck it.....i let rico ride mine and he just wanted to see how fast it was.......but he let me go around the track on his 416 but i didnt do any jump anythin,,,, just went around......

ill let my close friends or people that i know that can ride my quad for the day as long as i ride theres when there ridin mine....

Warrior '02
11-21-2002, 03:18 PM
I let my brother borrow my brand new Warrior for a month. He flattened 3 tires, bent the handlebars (it rolled), and scratched the plastics all up. I will never let anyone ride my quad again unless I am watching them.

Dave400ex
11-21-2002, 03:23 PM
I think the only people who have rode mine is my Dad, Brother, and 3 of the people we ride with. I rode their's and they rode mine so it was ok. Plus I trust them. Now I'm not sure if I would want Rico riding it. Wait. Yeah he could because he would more then likely break something. Then I could get new. :blah

motochris
11-21-2002, 04:10 PM
Yep i do the "you break it You buy it".... Have got a lot of new parts out of it so its not to bad i guess but i only let a few friends and the wife ride.... I can trust the wife but my buddies .....well i dont know she did a sky wheelie last sunday and thought she was going over.... Clutch slipped out of her hand.... :D

Glow Plug
11-21-2002, 04:27 PM
i think i have only let like 5 people ride my quad my dad mom and sister and one of my friends none of those ended in disaster.

When my cousin was over from england i think she must have been 15 or so my dad like oh let her has a try so she's out in the feild in 1st hit's a mole hill (f*ckin moles) she pins it in 1st quads revin to the moon she just burning around having no idea what's happen.

and yeah theres my great story

Bean
11-21-2002, 04:36 PM
5 people hav rode mine since its been mine

mechainic guy
mechanic guys friend (other mechaninc guy)
dad
my one riding buddy
ME

i hav rode 3 people on the back before, at differnt times, they wanted to ride, i said no, but u can ride on the back, thats differnt, no steering at all, LMAO

optikid123
11-21-2002, 04:38 PM
i let family ride mine but im even afraid to let my bro ride it ( prob cause everthing he owns he takes to the limit ) and my gf sits in front of me and i do the clutch for her since she dosent know how and is afraid of fallign off

free_rider20
11-21-2002, 05:07 PM
When I had the Rancher, I would let almost anyone take it for a spin. I was with a ridin buddy once shootin bows gettin ready for deer season and he says he is gonna go get something out of the house. I hear the Rancher start up and see it go down the road, he was gone for a good 20 minutes. I have only let him ride the 400 once and now I always take the key with me. I also support the break it you buy it.

Nausty
11-21-2002, 05:29 PM
The only time I will let a person ever ride one of their machines is if they are a good friend or family and I have to trust them with it. I hardly ever let anyone ride it though and if they do its the you break it you buy it.

bigbadbrad
11-21-2002, 05:32 PM
i let my brother once and now he knows how to drive it. then i let my dad and another guy who drives motorcycles so he knows how to drive it. but here is my story

one day i went to work and i was riding my 300ex before and it got all dirty and i had to go to work and i did not wash so i put it away in the garage. well when i come home i go to sheck something on it and i notice it is all clean. I was like:confused: i did not wash it before and my new hand gaurds had dirt on the end and wew scracthed up. so i go inside and ask my brother "did u wash my quad?" he says "yeah, i did and i think you should stop jumping it because there is a crack above the shocks." so i go out and look at my frame thinking i cracked my frame and it was fine. so i asked him to show me the crack and he shows me a 4 inch long crack in the front plastic and i look around more and my grab bar is bent to **** and all scratched up. well it turns out he went for a ride with it and he says that becausse of my twist throtle he stalled it and when he started it he let out the clutch and it stated to wheelie and the twist throotle mad it flip. u know what i said load of B.S. so i got a 6 pac rack and he supposed to buy me new plastic now

i choose no way unless they wanna buy it or it is my mechanic

sory fo it being so long

Rip_Tear
11-21-2002, 06:48 PM
Break it, you pay for it, I will fix it... Only people I know real well are allowed to ride my stuff, family I know that are good like that, they can't be married in.... My dad rode my 300 4x4 and came back, and said "the clutch doesn't work well" .... "no clutch on it..." He just assumes anything standard has a clutch, he is very technical, just never driven anything without a clutch...

4punksdad
11-21-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

i think it boils down to how well you know the person...thier riding abilty and...maybe financial status;) :D
just be careful ....

some people will flat out abuse yer chit.....just for the fun of it.

yeah..........like that 4punks jerkoff :o

mysticfalcon
11-21-2002, 07:11 PM
only a 4 people have ridden my quad and im usualy on theirs. kenny, tants, crazy canadian and that damn blue haired canadian.

exrider360
11-21-2002, 07:20 PM
It depend on whos asking if its a good friend that has been ryding for a while and they can be trusted i say i would let them ride it [ around the yard] so thats my opinion.[ [COLOR=orange][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=3]

jay's 300
11-21-2002, 08:18 PM
You break, you buy! Don't know which is the clutch get off! :D Experienced only! No one under 16 and a riders course is preferred! :blah :D

11-21-2002, 08:21 PM
i dont trust n e one on mine experince or not n e thing can go wrong olny one person i let ride my quad and thats ME;)

cool 300ex
11-21-2002, 08:30 PM
I say only if you let me ride your quad.If you break it your paying for it.

400exRacerX
11-21-2002, 08:36 PM
NO WAY!!!

The only other person that rides my quads is my dad and thats when hes either testing it or riding in the pits. Otherwise no one is allowed to ride them not even my girlfriend!!;) Too much money invested for some careless prick to wreck.

CFM Performance
11-21-2002, 09:01 PM
My wife wanted to take my 330R down the road this spring, just after I'd finished an all winter long frame up rebuild. I was reluctant, but I couldn't tell her no. As I was trying to explain the shift pattern, she asked how many gears it had. I thought about it for a second............."Three" I said.

quadman
11-21-2002, 10:47 PM
i only let people ride it if they are better than me, which is anyone around here so i guess noone ever rides it:D except me of course, i have one friend who always asks me to let him ride the 400 , he has no riding experience, his thing he always says is
"come on let me ride it, what am i gonna do to it?" idiot shouldnt of asked that , lets start a list, burn up clutch, strip gears , flip it over, bend aarms, break plastics, slide into trees, roll it, hmmmm anyone else want to add to the list?

ThorChick
11-22-2002, 02:30 AM
Let's see, I have a 2002 300EX that I payed waaaaaay too much for, isn't fast enough for me anymore, and is fully insured.....HAVE AT IT!!! LOL, I've been hoping for months that I'd total it, cause then my insurance would pay it off and I could get a 400ex or a 250R.
So, on that note, anyone wanna borrow my quad? :devil

Steve-o 400EX
11-22-2002, 10:20 AM
I never let anyone near my 400EX unless I am right there to watch them and the have to be experience and not prone to wrecking.:eek:

11-22-2002, 10:29 AM
back when i had a recon, my friend wanted to ride so i said that he could ride for 15 min in a little field, for his fossil watch. he actually said he was gonna give it to me. what an idiot.