PDA

View Full Version : To shave or not to shave.....

buster024
03-15-2008, 04:35 PM
I REALLY like the look of shaved front and rear fenders, but it's one of those things that I think will sacrifice functionality for looks. I ride33/33/33 trails, dunes, backyard MX.
Once it's done, it's done, so.....Whatcha' ya'll think.

REDRIDDER
03-15-2008, 04:44 PM
hows this for looks? lol and its realy up to you, i like them shaved.

buster024
03-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Was it a very noticeable difference in the amount of dirt/mud/sand flying up at you?

REDRIDDER
03-15-2008, 04:54 PM
yes but i try to stay out of the mud,water ect...and sometimes its hard especially in the spring and after it rains especially.

REDRIDDER
03-15-2008, 04:56 PM
the real reason i did it was because it looks good and less wind resistant.

buster024
03-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I live in Oregon, so it's spring pretty much all year long here. Frick. I'm thinking what I'll do is shave my new ones, and use them for sand and dry riding only. I'll keep my old ones stock, and use them for the wet rides.

REDRIDDER
03-15-2008, 05:03 PM
heres a link for some rear cut fenders http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=338245

TRXRacer1
03-15-2008, 05:26 PM
I've got race cut fronts and full rears. I ride 60/20/10/10 XC, State trails, dunes, MX. Even though I ride mostly in conditions that will have the mud flying I still love my race fronts. You can keep your head between the flurry most of the time and the rest of the time you have your front off the ground anyway like for puddles and crossings. I will not cut my rears though because I can keep my front up when needed but that always leaves the rear in the muck.

Brauap
03-15-2008, 06:07 PM
I ride everything. mostly mud/water lately and I have shaved fenders, and the only part of my body that get muddier that it did that before, if my shins. no big deal tho. I love mine. The only reason I wish I didn't is I might race XC, so, I may have to buy some full fenders, if its extremely muddy. Tho, I don't mind mud.

BigBore24
03-15-2008, 06:10 PM
i just cut mine and rode today for first time with them. I love the way you can now see the front tires. it actually made me much more condfident in my riding. i mostly just trail ride, but even in the mud i still loved them. when its muddy out just plan on gettin muddy regardless of your fenders cuz theres no way around it. i will post a pic once i get er cleaned up. it changes the whole feel of your quad.

Brauap
03-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by BigBore24
i just cut mine and rode today for first time with them. I love the way you can now see the front tires. it actually made me much more condfident in my riding. i mostly just trail ride, but even in the mud i still loved them. when its muddy out just plan on gettin muddy regardless of your fenders cuz theres no way around it. i will post a pic once i get er cleaned up. it changes the whole feel of your quad.

1000% agreed!

b4wheeler
03-16-2008, 12:03 AM
I just bought my quad and I really dont like the look of the my cut fenders. I am in the process of looking for new fenders to replace the ones that are on there now..