PDA

View Full Version : painted nerfs?

maticus
03-15-2008, 11:33 AM
i just bought a set of pro armor nerf bars in black and was wondering how the paint hold up.

d3ktrix
03-15-2008, 03:25 PM
If u bought them new already black there most likely powder coated.
Or did you paint them ur self?

Powder coat normally holds up pretty good, should last quite a while with only chips here and there.
All depends what kind of dirt u you ride in, if it has a lot rocks/stones in it.

If there spay painted, the black won't last long, anything that touches them the paint will just blow off.

cincy250R
03-16-2008, 07:24 PM
they came black new but they sent me the silver so i was thinking about keeping the silver if the black chips so i was just trying to see how everyone else's held up

maticus
03-17-2008, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by cincy250R
they came black new but they sent me the silver so i was thinking about keeping the silver if the black chips so i was just trying to see how everyone else's held up

that was me writing that on my dude's screen name, just to clear any confusion.

03-17-2008, 10:28 AM
they will hold up, especially pro armor. the only company with faulty paint is AC they put a very thin layer of regular paint on and it all chips off

maticus
03-17-2008, 11:29 AM
ok that good to hear cause i just didnt want to have them re-painted every year. the other thing is that they just told me they wont have the nerfs till april 14th so im not sure if i wanna wait that long.