PDA

View Full Version : Installing Exhaust?

bluebaron
03-15-2008, 11:18 AM
I just got a used sparks exhaust. I'm having a few problems. The first is, where the header slips into the mid pipe from the silencer. It is not fitting tight, it's noticeably loss. And the other problem is I cannot get the header tight with the engine. Is there a crush washer that goes in there? What can I do?

03-15-2008, 11:27 AM
There is a crush gasket where it bolts to the head. There is also a gasket where the silencer slips on. You either need the silencer gasket of you received a silencer for a full system and need a head pipe. I'm not familiar with the Sparks system so I can't be sure. Good Luck!!

bluebaron
03-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Where can I get a crush gasket? are they all the same or, exhaust brand specific?

03-15-2008, 11:38 AM
From Honda.

They are the same.

d3ktrix
03-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer
There is a crush gasket where it bolts to the head. There is also a gasket where the silencer slips on. You either need the silencer gasket of you received a silencer for a full system and need a head pipe. I'm not familiar with the Sparks system so I can't be sure. Good Luck!!

The Sparks has no gasket or anything where the header slides into the mid pipe.
Doesn't even use a hose clamp.

450rJam
03-15-2008, 03:42 PM
most just use a bead of high temp silicone (copper stuff) at mid pipe

and you need a crush gasket and you may want to double nut the head pipe (they like to vibrate loose)

bluebaron
03-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Alright I have a new crush gasket on the way, and i'll have to see if some high temp silicon will work, although its pretty loose. Thanks for the help guys.