PDA

View Full Version : Porting help

SuperChris
03-15-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm new to the Blaster scene, but I always have wanted to get one. I finally did. Now I need a good deal on a pipe and I need some porting specs for MX. I want the thing to be as fun as stock but with more power. Can anyone find it in their hearts to give up some build info to me? I can do transfers and all and I may be able to cut a head for desired compression.

pbblaster2
03-15-2008, 01:37 PM
here is a port mapping picture for a dt 200 but they r the same and you can make it to your specs but bacically jus narrow the spot in the middle of the intake and tapper the transfer ports at the top

taylorman32
03-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Im putting a 3m stroker crank in this weekend. Had a buddy of mine tell me that certain port work dont work good with the stroker kit. Was wondering what, if any difference it does make. My cuz owns a auto machine shop, he building my motor. He is learning port work on mine. hehe lucky me.

pbblaster2
04-04-2008, 04:53 AM
put a spacer under the cylander and it will raise up the cylander to match the port work

SuperChris
04-07-2008, 09:51 PM
87* ex.
117* Trans
I found a 28MM Keihin PE carb and am using the stock pipe. After milling ALL the step off of the head it's back up to 150 LBS compression and didn't cost a thing except a few minutes on the belt sander! I flattened it all out with a piece of glass and rode it. The little thing rips for having the stock pipe! All the bottom of stock, with WAY more midrange and a little more overrev. I need a pipe if anyone can make me a deal.