PDA

View Full Version : DynoJet & 250EX

Dusty
11-21-2002, 07:06 AM
Has anyone had success using the dynojet kit on a 250ex. I have read for some time people complaining about it. I got one with a package deal for a t-4 slipon, K&N filter w/outerware, DynoJet kit, PRM front bumper, A-arm plates, modified air box lid, & moose shockcovers for $250 used, but in excellent condition. Personally, I wouldn't have got the dynojet, but the price was right, whether I use it or not.

The problem is with the needle. It's shorter than the stock needle, thin with no taper. In the short time I played around with it I have come to the conclusion that it won't work unless MAYBE I use the smallest mains they provide ( which is definately not what the instructions say ). As soon as it gets into the needle circuit it's instantly rich. Rich enough to foul plugs. I started with stage 2 instructions for no lid, and dropped 6 sizes before I gave up and put the stock needle back in with a oem 102mj.
I did a search on this and I know some of you know what I'm talking about.
Is it worth screwing with, or should i throw it in the trash? If I'd paid retail for this I'd be mad as ****.

Brian

Dusty
11-22-2002, 09:57 AM
bump

Dusty
11-27-2002, 05:37 AM
I contacted Dyno Jet. It appears there was a typo on their parts list for early kits, and the wrong needle was included. Sending out a new one. We'll see. I knew i wasn't nuts.

Brian