PDA

View Full Version : More power from an '01 LT50??

RaginRedneck
03-14-2008, 04:20 PM
I've got my 4 year-old nephew on an '01 LT50, I bought a package from CT Racing with a shaved head, full exhaust, air filter, and rejetted it, but he is still getting beat by some newer bikes. Is there anything else I can do to this thing? Or should I just buy him a newer/bigger bike? I was hoping to hold buying newer/bigger for atleast another year and then get him a 90 and detune it a little so he has time to grow into it and then just slowly add mods.

Any suggestions.....Uncle Kevin likes it when his nephew is kicking arse!! LOL:devil:

bh84
03-19-2008, 02:47 PM
port the cylinder?

LT80
03-20-2008, 08:31 AM
Maybe being 4 yrs old and needing expierience is a factor?
The LT50 is a slug at best (sorry).
How about a nice 50cc DRR? :)

RaginRedneck
03-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by LT80
Maybe being 4 yrs old and needing expierience is a factor?
The LT50 is a slug at best (sorry).
How about a nice 50cc DRR? :)

Experience is definetly a factor, but mainly in the cornering and choosing the proper line. The power factor comes in the straightaways, he usually tops out about 3/4 of the way down the straights, I would screw the gearing but if I add topend, I don't think he would have enough going coming out of the turn.

When my nephew starts riding the bike right in the corners, and really maxes the bike out I'll buy him a new bike, but right now I'm just trying to get the max out of what he's got.

Thanks for your guys' imput.

dwhst9
05-14-2008, 01:10 PM
The lack of a CVT and working suspension kills the LT50. I've modded our '03 and it does good for what I need it to do, but racing ain't on the list!

01exrider 281
06-04-2008, 02:44 PM
my unlce has a 03 i think lt50 and he bought that kit from ct and did a ton of other things to it . i can get it to have top end but then has no bottom. I would buy him a DRR50 they are awsome. that is what he did and my 4 year old cousin loves it over the 50.