PDA

View Full Version : new hood on the truck...so that means some new pics!

brandon34r
03-14-2008, 02:53 PM
It was nice out today,so I cleaned it up a bit without handwashing the truck.Hood is a Reflexxion 3" cowl.Very very simple to install and it lined up perfect after adjusting the bump stops.Also during the winter I got a new set of duals on the truck.I had duals comin out the back,but everyone has em.I went with a high flow muffler,2 high flow cats,and 2 1/2" piping from manifolds back.finished it off with 2 4"tips comin out just behind the rear passenger door.Let me tell ya it sure is loud.At full throttle it kinda sounds like a mini late model dirt racer!!

What are your guys opinions on the hood,everone I talked to said,ehh painted it flat back.I was thinkin maybe paint it black and put some pearl in it.If I dont like it I can always re-paint it white later one as I am planning on re-painting the truck factory ford New Oxford white.

brandon34r
03-14-2008, 02:53 PM
f

brandon34r
03-14-2008, 02:54 PM
df

brandon34r
03-14-2008, 02:55 PM
lariat pinstripes,4x4 and the side mouldings are coming off once I get a chance to clean it up real good again.Might go with the new body style supercrew badging as well,who knows

Johnny Minehan
03-14-2008, 03:17 PM
:eek2: sharp.

416exfreak
03-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Looks great man!

I think it looks awesome with the black hood.

The only thing that I think would really set the truck off, would be a good set of wheels.

Silver/black wheels would be sexy on that truck.

You know, Silver outside, but a black inside....id get a picture of the wheels if American Racings site wasnt going so slow.:ermm:

brandon34r
03-14-2008, 03:33 PM
thanks guys,I originally had planned to get a set of 22's and 35's,but ended up gettin the hood.I had a friend who moved to Florida and went and bought a set of black 22's to replace his chromies.Only wnated 200 for all 4...shoulda bought em and got them powdercoated black.I'll be buying some simple 17" black KMC xd series monsters when my 33's run out of tread.Then I can end up gettin 35's as well!

fastredrider44
03-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Paint the hood the same as your truck most def. I don't like fords... at all, but pretty sharp truck.

Aceman
03-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Paint the hood the same as your truck

I agree.

I'd ditch the white windshield stripe also...

brandon34r
03-14-2008, 07:03 PM
my eyes are kinda sensitive with the sun,and im not a sunglass guy so i figured id get the stripe.I coulda got a black one but I ended up gettin the white for 10 bucks instead of 30 for the black.

Flyin-Low
03-14-2008, 07:39 PM
I'd say that truck would look its best with a white hood, change that strip to black and then remove the pinstripes and such like you said.

Otherwise it's pretty sick.. for a Ford :devil:

Flyin-Low
03-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Actually now that I've looked at it more, maybe it's just the black hood that makes the windshield stripe look funny? Because from that front angle the white stripe is sandwiched between a black hood and black plastic on the roof?

brandon34r
03-14-2008, 08:02 PM
yeah,it looked alot better with a white hood,but oh well,it'll hafta do for now.I think the moonroof visor looks pretty goofy,but it helps keep all the noise out of the truck when I got the moonroof open,and it still lets air in.I guess i'll deal with function over goofy-ness

bulkdriverlp
03-14-2008, 09:36 PM
the lower front bumber and hood should be painted to match the truck.jmo. the windshield stripe and the little black oval sticker need to go. turn the tires inside-out to have white letters. the exhaust is illegal in mi. it has to be behind the rear axle here. but in 97 they came from the factory like that, but was recalled. the exhaust like that will ruin the rim.

brandon34r
03-15-2008, 01:57 PM
bumper is gettin painted white in the summer.The Nittos dont have white letters,plus I hate white on tires...I dont live in MI so dont really care about the exhaust,and why will it ruin the rim?It's not even close to the rim or tire.Wheres the little black oval sticker:confused:

bulkdriverlp
03-16-2008, 08:37 AM
the exhaust blowing by the rim like that will tarnish it, thats why ford recalled it. i had a '97 myself and that rim was the only one that looked like crap,the center cap was flaked bad. it wont happen over nite,itl take time. jmo

brandon34r
03-16-2008, 02:38 PM
it looks closer in the pic,but really its a good foot and a half from rim.