PDA

View Full Version : 08 Rebuild Mostly Complete.....

JRP
03-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Still waiting on some little things(inner hiper beads, graphics), and my rear end. Still havent ordered the rear yet, still working on some pricing, but this is pretty much it for the 08 year. Motor(thanks to DASA and Dave Pomey) only has 5 or so hrs on it, and a freshly new pc'd and gussted frame(thanks for ken at bk performance). Plastics and everything else are brand new(thanks to cernics) and thats about it! Check em out!

ps- i know its a little dirty, im gonna pull it apart again after i get the brackets mounted for the platics and clean it up better! Thanks

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/quad5.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/quad4-2.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/quad3-2.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/quad2-2.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/quad1-5.jpg

and what it looked liek before.....
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me4-9.jpg

Fred55
03-14-2008, 02:37 PM
How were the Pirelli tires for you? Im either going those or Klaw fronts and Razr rears

Ruby Soho
03-14-2008, 03:07 PM
looks SOOO awesome!

great job dude thats one sick 450r

trx400EXtreme
03-14-2008, 03:12 PM
NICE. i like it. the fullbores look sick and the the qt seat cover tops it off perfect. that would look pretty cool with white beadlocks on the hipers.

AtvMxRider
03-14-2008, 03:58 PM
:macho

JRP
03-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Fred55
How were the Pirelli tires for you? Im either going those or Klaw fronts and Razr rears

perellis = <3 hahaha. They are really nice. Hook up in the loose stuff and on hard pack. Ive had the SX's and the Kenda MXR's and I would easily choose the perellis over them. I get a hell of a deal ont hem, so it makes it a little easier to choose them also! lol Im about to order another set here soon also.

Ruby Soho- thanks alot man!

trx400extreme- Appreciate it alot. I love the fullbores! Deffinately gives it a unique and bada** look IMO. I was thinking about white hipers, but i like the, as rob and big say, "murdered out" look, haha. I also have the mudcaps on there too, not to sure if you can see them or not. They are clear and pretty sweet.

jerry-wait till you see it in person, looks so much better!

Nick110
03-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Looks like a girls quad.

quadracer707
03-14-2008, 06:40 PM
Forget all that engine work. Suspension suspension suspension, that is what you have to learn to setup. Looks like you have the suspension know take the time all weekend long and dial it in. Love to go to local races and see good riders get on there quads with semi stock motors & smoke kids that have $$$$thousands of $$ in there motor. WHY??? Suspension. Get it set up & you will be much faster..

Ken

MX450
03-14-2008, 06:49 PM
looks good, white and black is one of my fav combos:cool:

05Z400rdr
03-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Lookin good Jordan!!! Now all it needs to be complete is a few rides! :cool:

03-14-2008, 07:29 PM
looked better before. red plastics and hood are best. fullbores are ugly plastics for a 450r though.

Honda#4
03-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Looks very nice with the Fullbore plastic great job man.

MX MaNiAc 06
03-14-2008, 09:11 PM
That looks sick man. The plastic looks awesome. Nothing like some new fenders to really set off the quad.

JRP
03-14-2008, 09:58 PM
thanks everyone. I actually like the fullbores. Deffinately a different look then all the other ones, i digg them alot.

hondarider101
03-15-2008, 07:40 AM
what did you do with all the old stuff u changed? like the hood and stuff? i pm'ed u !

my88r
03-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by walshyfz86
looked better before. red plastics and hood are best. fullbores are ugly plastics for a 450r though.

x2

Moto49X
03-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Im prepared to get ***** from everyone on this site when I say this, but...

Mommy and Daddy's money goes a long ways.

fandl450r
03-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Moto49X

<3

JRP
03-15-2008, 04:32 PM
your right, it does. not even going to lie. I paid for everything thats on it, cept the blown motors, new plastics, and the quads itself. Its gotten to the point that workin 5 days a week, can't cover anything. Gotta have support to go somewhere, thats the way i think. Its not just my parents that pay for stuff, i pay for stuff, my relatives give us money, and it helps having sponsors too. But anyway back onto the orignal topic......:rolleyes:

MX)(J.HALL)(MX
03-15-2008, 04:48 PM
yea he's right mommy & daddy's money does go a long ways, but goin out & racen good & finishing well is wat pays off. especially wen u got a reliable ride! *but most definatly a sweet ride*:)

Looks nice man/I like it!

NPelletier
03-15-2008, 07:00 PM
looks good, but i dont like the front plastics..looks like an alien

dopeyferree
03-16-2008, 12:28 AM

Looks great Jordan, Who cares who paid for it. Having the help he has is what will help make him alot better rider. Very few people in todays world will ever make it to the Pro ranks without someones help. That is what this sport is about, family. Good luck this season.

JRP
03-16-2008, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by dopeyferree
Looks great Jordan, Who cares who paid for it. Having the help he has is what will help make him alot better rider. Very few people in todays world will ever make it to the Pro ranks without someones help. That is what this sport is about, family. Good luck this season.

appreciate it darrell!

ps. im off of school not this week, but all next week for spring break, and we need to go to brandons track, its absolutely insane now! Let me know!

Jersey450R
03-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by JRP
your right, it does. not even going to lie. I paid for everything thats on it, cept the blown motors, new plastics, and the quads itself. Its gotten to the point that workin 5 days a week, can't cover anything. Gotta have support to go somewhere, thats the way i think. Its not just my parents that pay for stuff, i pay for stuff, my relatives give us money, and it helps having sponsors too. But anyway back onto the orignal topic......:rolleyes:

Your always gunna have the haters out there bud. just ride on!

05Z400rdr
03-16-2008, 11:05 AM
Yeah man, cares what the other's have to say. Like you and dopeyferree said, it's very hard and almost impossible to make it without the help of family and or sponsors. I know for sure that I would not be this far without my dad's construction business and all of my other great sponsors, and Burgard Cycle! Like Jersey450R said, ride on man!!! :cool:

pro-rider46
03-16-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by quadracer707
Forget all that engine work. Suspension suspension suspension, that is what you have to learn to setup. Looks like you have the suspension know take the time all weekend long and dial it in. Love to go to local races and see good riders get on there quads with semi stock motors & smoke kids that have $$$$thousands of $$ in there motor. WHY??? Suspension. Get it set up & you will be much faster..

Ken

i think he has the suspension department handled, but a powerful motor always helps.

JRP bike looks SICK!!!

trx400EXtreme
03-16-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by dopeyferree
Looks great Jordan, Who cares who paid for it. Having the help he has is what will help make him alot better rider. Very few people in todays world will ever make it to the Pro ranks without someones help. That is what this sport is about, family. Good luck this season. seriously, it really doesn't matter if you pay for it all or if your parents pay for it all. i choose to buy all my own stuff, along with alot of others on here. some people let their parents buy stuff for them. BIG DEAL. i can't stand it when people get jealous about other peoples stuff and say "your quad is only nice because your parents pay for everything". if you get jealous, your in the wrong sport. there is always going to be a quad that is better than yours out there somewhere.

Moto49X
03-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
if you get jealous, your in the wrong sport. there is always going to be a quad that is better than yours out there somewhere.

Jealous? Look at some of my quads bro. I have nothing to be jealous about, i'm a strong believer in working for what you want not having it handed to you.

I dont really care what all you people on the internet think about me. I'm amazed how the whole website is stuck up JRP's *** because he went out and finshed 2nd place in C class?

416exfreak
03-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Why cant you just be happy for the kid and tell him good luck, instead of being a complete douche.

Who cares if his parents helped him pay for the stuff on his quad?

My parents help me pay for stuff on my 440. I make straight A's, do everything they ask and stay out of trouble, so they really dont mind helping me out when I need something.

Just because you think Jordan is spoiled, doesnt mean you need to come on here and flame him for having a nice quad. If I remember right, you had a really nice quad too.

So, if your not jealous of what he has, then why are you flaming him? The whole site isnt stuck up Jordans arse either, we just dont mind being nice and giving him a compliment, seeings how all his hard work is paying off and he has a killer quad.

:rolleyes:

my88r
03-16-2008, 04:51 PM

I'm amazed how the whole website is stuck up JRP's *** because he went out and finshed 2nd place in C class?

i agree.

but i give Jordan alot of credit. i do all the work and pay for the aftermarket stuff. my parents pay for the machines. BUT THEY KNOW I TREAT THEM WELL. i see this thread getting out of hand. lets stay on the original topic.

diangelo#67
03-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Jealous? Look at some of my quads bro. I have nothing to be jealous about, i'm a strong believer in working for what you want not having it handed to you.

I dont really care what all you people on the internet think about me. I'm amazed how the whole website is stuck up JRP's *** because he went out and finshed 2nd place in C class?
wow get off your own nutz, your not that good

JRP
03-16-2008, 05:30 PM
i jsut wanted to say thanks to everyone that has something nice to say, and for you that don't, oh well. This thread was about showing everyone how my quad looks now, not bashing someone, so lets keep it that way. Ill post up some pics from todays ride soon!

thanks everyone.

AtvMxRider
03-16-2008, 05:52 PM

Whats the matter buddy you don't know who your daddy is???? Sounds like somebody was neglected as a child. Let's all give Moto49X a hug. STFU crybaby:rolleyes: . I know what it is you finished 3rd in C class

JRP
03-16-2008, 06:38 PM
here are some pics from riding today.......

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me4-10.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me3-11.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me2-12.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me1-15.jpg

Nick110
03-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Wow not only does your quad look like a girl would own it, I now see that you have the style of a girl.

JRP
03-16-2008, 06:51 PM
funny guy nick. your gma get one on friday?

Ripitupfilms
03-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
Wow not only does your quad look like a girl would own it, I now see that you have the style of a girl.

:D :eek: :D

spanky101
03-16-2008, 07:03 PM
bike looks good man! i like the fullbores, it gives a different look when everyone has a honda with red plastics and a hood, not saying it doesnt look good, but its nice to see something different! and who cares what people say, its nice to pay for your own things but its great when your parents support you and your racing!

FHKracingZ
03-16-2008, 08:37 PM
cmon dirk why do you gotta hate so much.. i remember when you have a tricked out 300, and dont even act like you paid for all that man... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ripitupfilms
03-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
cmon dirk why do you gotta hate so much.. i remember when you have a tricked out 300, and dont even act like you paid for all that man... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i remeber to back in the day your had a full built 450r and yfz450 and a nice trailer. so stop the hating theres no need to put down others. unless it all in some fun in games.

honda4life72
03-17-2008, 07:10 AM

agreed. yall give him to much credit for so little

but i will say the bike is nice. only thing i would change is the front plastics to stock white plastics and a quadtech hood. but.... its your bike , not mine lol

Nick110
03-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by honda4life72
agreed. yall give him to much credit for so little

but i will say the bike is nice. only thing i would change is the front plastics to stock white plastics and a quadtech hood. but.... its your bike , not mine lol

What do you mean too much credit..... Find another girl that can ride like JRP.

honda4life72
03-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
What do you mean too much credit..... Find another girl that can ride like JRP. lol, everything i read about him racing when he gave us updates every weekend sounded liek this

well i had a good race saturday/sunday was in 2nd working on first then i crashed and finished 6th?

or

i was in last worked my way to 1st and crashed . got up worked my way to 3rd again and....crashed

my88r
03-17-2008, 01:41 PM
lol. :p

JRP
03-17-2008, 06:51 PM
not to sure what you mean by credit. no one is giving me credit for anything. even if there was a kid who had a nice quad, and his parents paid for it all, and didn't even race, people would still bash him about him not paying for it all. I have yet to read someone talking about my speed and bashing me becasue im not the fastest person alive, all the bashing is about me not paying for it all, so not to sure what credit you are saying. People have my back because they know nobody can pay for everything them selves when the race.......

dirtbike&quad
03-17-2008, 07:16 PM
EVERYONE JUST SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT PARENTS HELPING OUT.

my god. i hear this all the time on this site. its like a big ****ing deal with some people. just because some kids do everything their parents ask of them, get good grades, stay out of trouble, etc etc, they should be hated on because "mom and dad paid for it and they didnt work for it". you have no idea what the person did to deserve what they got

do you see in any other sport that parents pay for equipment? YES, ALL THE FREAKING TIME! every sport i have ever paid, i know that parents pay for all their kids equipment basically, soccer, football, track, baseball and basketball. you really think kids have $200 to cough up for a pair of soccer cleats or football studs? or $1200 for a practice net? NO!

parents pay for things. its nice to see that kids have support in this country. other countries, kids get **** and look how well their country is doing. sorry for bringing this up, but it has to stop!

oh and jordan, by the way, ur quad looks 10x better than last year, stock plastics made it look cheesy now its lookin good and this year good luck, hope u do well and stay on the track away from trees :chinese:

250r rider 88
03-17-2008, 08:13 PM
wow this has got out of hand

JRP you still got that picture from Media All Stars that say welcome to the team or what not? i think that says enough about the kid right there guys, hes got good sponsors and good parents to back him up, you think natalie, wienen, bryd, ballance, borich, mcgill etc all got to where they are without family support? watch national born killers bryd even says this is a "FAMILY" sport and that without family you CANNOT take this sport to the pro level you need that relationship with your family for mental as well as financial support, sponsors only go so far in the beginning of a racing career. By looking at his sponsor list i think it is evident the kid works hard both on and off the track, and jsut because you say you pay for everything on your qaud doesnt mean mom and dad never loaned you some money in your life and never asked for repayment

to JRP and all other racers out there trying to make it in this sport-you cannot achieve a pro spot without family, ask any pro and i garauntee they agree with that statement, keep your heart into on and off the track, play hard, work harder, race the hardest words to live by as a privateer IMO

and that is enough said on this subject boys and girls

trx400EXtreme
03-17-2008, 09:11 PM

I dont really care what all you people on the internet think about me. I'm amazed how the whole website is stuck up JRP's *** because he went out and finshed 2nd place in C class? i'm not calling you jealous.... i'm just saying that some people do get that way.

Flyin-Low
03-17-2008, 09:43 PM
I wish this sport didn't depend so heavily on money.. An awesome rider can't get anywhere without dropping a boatload of cash on gear, quads, parts, etc..

I don't mind the people who's parents help pay for things as long as they respect what they get. Sure my parents helped pay for half of my 450 (quads are very expensive in Canada compared to the US, my 450 was just over 10,000 new in 06) but I respect it. I take GREAT care of my quad.

It's the kids who's parents buy them everything, but they still don't give a chit about it. My one buddy gets what he wants, when he wants it. He's never owned a quad for more than 6 months because he beats the piss out of them until theres nothing left, then daddy goes out and buys another. He'll get a brand new set of tires and burn them off on the road because he can get a new set whenever he wants..

Sorry for the rant.. I just don't like people b1tching at this kid because his parents help him. He obviously takes good care of what he's got and is grateful for it.

XCAdam89
03-18-2008, 03:09 PM
^^Couldn't agree more. Jordan's a cool kid who know's what he wants to do. Sometimes it takes a little help to get where you wanna go..

That's nothing to sniff about.

Ruby Soho
03-18-2008, 03:17 PM
i agree with Flyin-Low on this one.. its the kids who's parents buy them everything they want and the kids dont respect what they have that i have a problem with. theres nothing wrong if parents help out or even buy every little nut and bolt for the kid IF they respect the quad and still respect they're parents.

i pretty much pay for all of my stuff, as much as my parent's want to they can't afford to spend 800$ out of no where for elkas (for example..) for my quad but they do help me out if i have worked for a part of what i want to get for it, and if i've done my homework on what i want/need aswell.

BlasterEaten250
03-18-2008, 03:28 PM
looks sweet!:cool:

MX MaNiAc 06
03-18-2008, 04:41 PM
Pepper does have a job n pays for as much as he can. People hate on me cuz my parents pay my insurance. How am i supposed to pay my insurance making $100 a week? Its not like Pepper spends his money on drugs. He puts fourth what he can.

XCAdam89
03-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Yeah, As long as someone is at least trying to help out, that shows a lot about their character IMO.

I bought a laptop recently for college, and my parents said they'd pay $500 of it, My laptop was 2k. Does that mean I'm spoiled?? I helped out as much as I could and I'll sure as hell take good care of it. As long as the kid respects what he has thats all that's important.

JRP
03-19-2008, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
Pepper does have a job n pays for as much as he can. People hate on me cuz my parents pay my insurance. How am i supposed to pay my insurance making $100 a week? Its not like Pepper spends his money on drugs. He puts fourth what he can.

thanks dan and adam

Ripitupfilms
03-19-2008, 11:57 AM
it sucks that racing has come down to the money. think about this. sleepying in a tent in the cold rain at unadilla or in a motorhome with a shower tv and bed. theres alot of advantages to having money and racing. which i wish there was a better way to make in fair when it comes to the track. like riders with full built engines in the lower ranks to half the A riders in d6 that havent had built engine untill 08 and still give national riders a run for there money.

this is a nuetral statment not directed towards anyone.

03-19-2008, 12:07 PM
gloops right....

i've seen so many locals go to a local national and mop up on national riders. but they dont have money to go out and travel. it just comes down to talent. money isnt anything without talent.