PDA

View Full Version : Race Number

Johnny Minehan
03-14-2008, 01:04 PM
sorry for the noob question..

do i just decide what i want my race number to be, or do i have to wait until i get to the track, etc, and they tell me what my number is?:confused:

416exfreak
03-14-2008, 02:28 PM
99% sure you choose what you want it to be.

Alot of people add a random letter behind the number, just in case someone else at the track has the same number.

Im #14, but I have a spare number plate with 14A on it, just in case someone else has the same #.

I need to get some more backgrounds ordered. I wrecked a while back and replced the plastics, but not the backgrounds.

Anyone know some good, cheap-ish backgrounds in white?

(sorry to hijack your thread)

JRP
03-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Foxracing1762
sorry for the noob question..

do i just decide what i want my race number to be, or do i have to wait until i get to the track, etc, and they tell me what my number is?:confused:

you pick the # you want, but if someone already has it(in your class) you have to put usually an X after it.

trx400EXtreme
03-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
99% sure you choose what you want it to be.

Alot of people add a random letter behind the number, just in case someone else at the track has the same number.

Im #14, but I have a spare number plate with 14A on it, just in case someone else has the same #.

I need to get some more backgrounds ordered. I wrecked a while back and replced the plastics, but not the backgrounds.

Anyone know some good, cheap-ish backgrounds in white?

(sorry to hijack your thread) nac's sells some plain rectangle ones (with rounded edges and a black border) for like 20 bucks. that's what i'm getting. IMO they look awesome on a 400ex.

Johnny Minehan
03-14-2008, 03:16 PM
alright cool, ill just put my number and name on my jersey and chest protector now, if someone else has it, ill add an x or something to it..

k+k makes some sweet backgrounds..

http://www.kandkatv.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=583

fastredrider44
03-14-2008, 03:31 PM
Depends on what type of racing your doing. I ran a local motocross, and it didnt matter what number or color. I run harescrambles, and they give you a helmet helmet number. At a GNCC event, you have number plates with a specified color. Then you pick a number, that also has to be a certain color. So I went to a GNCC event, and promptly had to run electrical tape through my numbers because my helmet numbers didn't match.

Johnny Minehan
03-14-2008, 03:34 PM
im doing local MX races..

jherbie28
03-14-2008, 06:28 PM
here in local district 7 mx you fill out a info sheet for your atva and ama district cards, they ask for your # and if someone else has it they issue another # to you. this happened to me so i just run a X with it.......(28X);)