PDA

View Full Version : 04 450r carb question.

r-exrider0003
03-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Yeah, i bought a 04 450r carb for my 426 a while back, got it off of 450r_lover, and im just now gettting my quad back together and i finally got the carb on. The carb itself is not getting any gas,.:confused: like the tube flows fine, but where it enters the carb, its like cloged up. 450r_lover does powdercoating out of his garage and this was sitting in there for a good while while he was doing it. we think it might have powder in it or something because it worked fine when he took it off. we sprayed it repeatedly with carb cleaner, and put the air chuck to it, and were getting like the tinyest bit of flow now. i was wandering if there is anything to take this carb intake tube apart or what i should do to fix it? i let it soak in diesel fuel from the parts cleaner over night hoping that would help. thanks for any information

rt20ps
03-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Did you pull the floats out? If your needle valve is stuck in it will not let gas in the bowl. Otherwise I would just soak it overnight and blow through all of the passages.