View Full Version : Jason Luburgh??

quadman300
03-14-2008, 07:59 AM
What happened to Jason Luburgh? Is he not on the Kawi team anymore?

OutlawEX
03-14-2008, 08:18 AM
No sir. Just wasnt what Kawi was exspecting. He moved on to Polaris with Dana Creech. Hopefully he does better this year.

Moto92
03-14-2008, 10:20 AM
dana creech...is he still racing?
he just kind of fell off the map it seems

ROLLIN
03-14-2008, 10:21 AM
i think their just doing the wpsa series

trxwannbe
03-14-2008, 12:23 PM
luburgh was basically booted from kawi because he wasn't putting out the effort a new team like that needed to be successful and creech did fall off the map for a while there because being a privateer wasn't being kind to that little pouch on the side of his pants

Dale512
04-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Creamer seems to be thriving just fine with Kawi. Whats was Luburgh's excuse?

450raider
04-17-2008, 03:45 PM
^^^ it was just a little too much for him to handle, oh well i still wish him the best :macho

Ripitupfilms
04-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by FutrTrphyWife8
Jason was not " booted" he made a decision. A hard one. Kawi wasn't what he expected! And didn't put up the effort a new team needed!

. he complained about everything and if something little wasnt his way he would just lolly gag around the track.

Warnerade
04-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Jason was not " booted" he made a decision. A hard one. Kawi wasn't what he expected! And didn't put up the effort a new team needed! what are you, his mom?

Ripitupfilms
04-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
what are you, his mom?

:D :D

SRH
04-18-2008, 02:37 PM
your not going to win if your not hungry

Ex_Rider43
04-18-2008, 03:05 PM
he should go back on a YFZ like the one he had in 06 , he was pretty good on that but i hope he does good on the polaris this year , hes a good rider.

Warnerade
04-18-2008, 06:58 PM
yup I'm his mom

Its easy for u all to sit here and judge people that u don't know. U should try to go out and do what they do instead of talking smack! so cute...

Dupontster
04-18-2008, 08:26 PM
When we were at feild of dreams last year we were talking to him and he was def not happy with the bike. He complained alot about the suspension.

Ex_Rider43
04-18-2008, 09:13 PM
too bad they only switched to Fox this year !

Ripitupfilms
04-19-2008, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by Dupontster
When we were at feild of dreams last year we were talking to him and he was def not happy with the bike. He complained alot about the suspension.

exactly...

and he thinks hes gona like a polaris better?:rolleyes:

GE4x4
04-20-2008, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by atvracer9m
exactly...

and he thinks hes gona like a polaris better?:rolleyes:

Eichner has done quite well on the Outlaw and so has Angela Butler. Rath had done quite well to. The KFX didn't do squat last year and many left there ride for another because they didn't like it. In 08, what has the KFX won so far?? It's a nice quad, but it's far from the best. He switched rides and lets see if he does better or not.:macho

trxwannbe
04-20-2008, 07:14 AM
the kfx was on the podium this year and missed another one by 1 point for 3rd and 2 for second and this is with a 3rd year pro. i realize keith hasn't done much but i think it might finally be time for him to think about retiring. riding a new bike like jason and josh had last year takes a lot of time and effort from both parties to get things where they need to be and kawi didn't feel like they were getting that from jason.

GE4x4
04-20-2008, 07:59 AM
All I'm saying, just because a quad works for one guy, it doesn't mean it will work with another. Yokely raced a KFX last year at the GNCC races and didn't have a very good year. He had the oppertunity to race it again this year, but decided not to. Yet no one bashing him. It just didn't fit him and the same with Luburgh. Let them make there disicion and see what happens.

TWISTED
04-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by GE4x4
All I'm saying, just because a quad works for one guy, it doesn't mean it will work with another. Yokely raced a KFX last year at the GNCC races and didn't have a very good year. He had the oppertunity to race it again this year, but decided not to. Yet no one bashing him. It just didn't fit him and the same with Luburgh. Let them make there disicion and see what happens.

Very true.... Everything is not for everybody........

Dupontster
04-20-2008, 10:17 AM
True.. And we felt the suspension on his bike and it felt like it was binding up. It just didnt feel right. I know you cant tell how good it is just by pushing down on it but TWISTED can agree with me that it felt alittle awkward

jrspawn
04-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Man, some of guys are pretty harsh on pro riders here.

And like others have already said, quads arent a "one quad fits all" type deal. So some riders will do good on it, others will hate it. I dont think its an excuse at all, the elka setups on the kawi's just didnt work good at all. Its pretty bad when the riders are even admitting that. Yes josh is doing good this year, but he might just adapt to other setups better. He has Alot of tallent also. Ive got respect for Every Honest Pro out there. It just sucks for some of them to be paid to ride something they dont feel comfortable on. But i guess business is business.

And to the guy who stated Little should retire, it might just be me but i think he finished 5th overall last year in the WPSA, and didnt he even miss the final round??? Not too bad for beating out Everyone else other than Natalie and the suzuki crew. He also got one or two holeshots out there... Not too bad for someone that needs to retire.... Again put the rider on the quad he feels good on, and you will get results.

Thank you
Justin

Pappy
04-20-2008, 11:37 AM
bashing a product and especially a rider just shows the class level of those doing the bashing. there is a huge difference between giving an honest opinion on how well a product or machine works versus spouting off just for the sake of making yourself somehow feel important...the internet is full of these people, never gotten anywhere and they never will...bench racers for life.

and when it comes to the actual rider, i would say that when you have what it takes to be offered factory deals and sponsorships then maybe you can become qualified to speak on behalf of yourself and the issues but how do you expect to get anyone to support you when all you do is piss and moan about "other" riders when your b class or lower for life:chinese: and you wonder why pro riders do not like to partcipate online, its because they know they would be dealing with people that have no clue.

not intended towards anyone in particulair, just an observation

diangelo#67
04-20-2008, 04:15 PM
jason has always been on pep shocks, when he went with the fox shocks on his ltr wayne was involved with fox in developing the shocks to what they are today. The elkas just couldn't get to that point of comfort. I've had pep,elka,and fox I couldn't stand my elkas, I preferred my tcs shocks over the elka. I thought they were very hard to find that spot that everyone looks for in a shock.

jason has issues but so do every single person on this site.
In my opinion he's a great guy and I like hangin with him at the races

diangelo#67
04-20-2008, 04:18 PM
speakin of which, the first couple times I met josh I thought he was a real ***, But the more I talked to the guy I relized it was his sense of humor.....so maybe you should give sombody a chance before you make decisions on sombody's reputation

trxwannbe
04-20-2008, 05:43 PM
i have nothing against little or luburgh and respect their talent immensely because i know that i will never reach that point i just don't have it and i know that some people adapt to suspension setups and whatnot better than others but i have heard from many people and joshs mouth itself that the elkas were not doing the job for him either. the suspension setup kawi had with elka was not up to par and yet someone still managed to deal with it and get it done. i realize that jason and keith both have the ability to ride extremely well and i'm sure keiths finishes will get better as the season goes on and he gets used to the bike but it didn't not seem that jason was putting the effort into just getting over the supension issues and getting it done out there. the time and effort josh puts into his racing program is absolutely amazing and i would almost guarantee he works harder than all but maybe 1 or 2 guys out there because he wants to be on top and thats why he got results out of that suspension.

diangelo#67
04-20-2008, 06:14 PM
he did do a hellofa job, I painted jeremy lawsons helmet gave it to him and he couldn't ride with it because he didn't practice with it yet.

90% mental 10% physical

trxwannbe
04-21-2008, 06:19 AM
i'll tell you though josh definitely gets his drive from his dad. every year except for this past that josh has raced his old man rode his pedal bike from southeastern connecticut to new hampshire for a race.

OutlawEX
06-02-2008, 12:19 AM
Any word on Luburgh? So is he done?

06-02-2008, 01:17 AM
some people are such queerbo's

man the kawi suckssssssss i pulled like 4 with my 250x yesterday there crapppp. haha gay

Fred55
06-02-2008, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by z400rider08
some people are such queerbo's

man the kawi suckssssssss i pulled like 4 with my 250x yesterday there crapppp. haha gay

i dont think people were saying that the kawis were crap, they were saying it was the pos elka shocks they were running

450raider
06-02-2008, 10:39 AM
people fear what they do not understand, its only natural......and with luburgh's attitude, theres alot hes just not gonna get.

06-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Fred55
i dont think people were saying that the kawis were crap, they were saying it was the pos elka shocks they were running

hahah i was mostly kidding. it wastnt just this post it was anyone that knocks on kawi's, i dont have to get my pantys in a bunch i know the kawi doesnt suck so i dont have to fight the point.

FHKracingZ
06-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Here is what i have from a real reliable source..

When creamer was on his honda along with keith litte, them combined pulled ALOT ALOT of holeshots.

Then when they both get on the Kawis they cant do crap for holeshots...

The motors are NOT the problem, the problem is , is that there alluminum frames do not flex...

A traditional steel frame will flex and squat the rear and but if you look at josh , keith, or russel there rear end looks higher than everybodys going down the holeshot...

Riding at a private track last year, creamer was miserable with his elkas, he hated them, and the tech support from Yohan at Elka was pathetic.

But again Look at Natalie , he won the WPSA championship on Elkas, to each his own!

06-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
Here is what i have from a real reliable source..

When creamer was on his honda along with keith litte, them combined pulled ALOT ALOT of holeshots.

Then when they both get on the Kawis they cant do crap for holeshots...

The motors are NOT the problem, the problem is , is that there alluminum frames do not flex...

A traditional steel frame will flex and squat the rear and but if you look at josh , keith, or russel there rear end looks higher than everybodys going down the holeshot...

Riding at a private track last year, creamer was miserable with his elkas, he hated them, and the tech support from Yohan at Elka was pathetic.

But again Look at Natalie , he won the WPSA championship on Elkas, to each his own!

he didnt seem to have a problem pulling holeshot at highpoint....

http://www.racerxfilms.com/20080525...TVNational.html

Anyway what would frame flex have to do with rear end squat? if your frame is flexing horizontaly thats not normal. frames flex in a twisting motion. one thing that it could be is creamer sets his shocks so freakin hard, watch his video on putfile of him riding his track the thing is like a rock. Im probly wrong but thats what i think.

^^hahaha scratch that i just watched some starts of me and my bike doesnt squat for ****.

elementryder
06-02-2008, 03:46 PM
well if luburgh complained so much about his kawi im sure he'll love this new polaris hes sposed to race

rollie
06-02-2008, 05:18 PM
i talked to josh for a quick minute at the opening of Gabriel Racing, he never said the elka's sucked, however he did say they had ALOT of adjustments and he was overwhelmed when trying to dial them in, i also noticed he didnt have the factory shocks on the practice quad, i wonder if he likes the Foxes any better, hes been hauling *** this year though

Jasmin plante runs the elka factory shocks though and at the last race he had a 20 second lead so i think its all personal pref.

As far as luburgh, people should talk unless they really know WHY he left kawi, just because he wasnt winning, that doesnt mean he just didnt try, he could have been giving it his all and it just wasnt working, and if the bike was working the way he wanted, he has every right to say what it needs to improve, some might call that complaining though.

Creamer seems to have adapted to the kawi amazing well, and little it seems like he just needs some luck.

FHKracingZ
06-02-2008, 07:30 PM
No frame flexing front to back? Then how come wienen streches a suzuki frame 2 inches Front to Back within a 2-3 month time frame..

I heard that from a Factory source that is very good friends with Creamer..

And when creamer came to IL with wienen last year he told us his Elkas were junk.. Thats the same day his Elka System 5 stabilizer locked up on him and sent him sideways off a jump almost causing him to hit chad head on in a lane that was right next to the jump.

Dale512
06-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Team Kawasaki didnt switch to FOX Shox for nothing.....

maticus
06-03-2008, 07:44 AM
how did this become a creamer/ elka thread? im not complaining just still wondering where luburgh is?

yfzmx10
06-19-2008, 08:37 PM
i know this thread is old but i'm just wondering why people say that elkas suck so bad. i believe john natalie won the wpsa and i'm pretty sure that team suzuki was just as fast on elkas. i am not bashing any other shock brands, i just find it odd that elka shocks are on alot of bikes.

ALAMX37
06-19-2008, 08:47 PM
If you have to ask then you wouldn't understand. Elka has a tremendous problem with getting the valving correct on the first try. And no pro level shocks are comparable to anything you can get, they have tuned them to pure perfection.

Back on topic I too would like to know whats up with Luburgh.

yfzmx10
06-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
If you have to ask then you wouldn't understand. Elka has a tremendous problem with getting the valving correct on the first try. And no pro level shocks are comparable to anything you can get, they have tuned them to pure perfection.

Back on topic I too would like to know whats up with Luburgh.

maybe i'm the lucky one or maybe i know how to tune shocks. thanks

Warnerade
06-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by yfzmx10
maybe i'm the lucky one or maybe i know how to tune shocks. thanks or maybe you havent ridden anything better.

If you tune ****, its still ****...

thanks for playing

300ex_#387
06-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
or maybe you havent ridden anything better.

If you tune ****, its still ****...

thanks for playing

And that is coming from a guy that has elkas on his practice bike. I would listen to him.

Warnerade
06-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
And that is coming from a guy that has elkas on his practice bike. I would listen to him. Got fox on the race bike;)

se1313
07-23-2008, 07:00 AM
I don't think anyone really knows?

bah1491
07-23-2008, 07:33 PM
ive heard his dad, Andy is taking someone else to the nationals....

se1313
07-25-2008, 01:03 PM
hummmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

07-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by yfzmx10
i just find it odd that elka shocks are on alot of bikes.

the reason so many people have elkas is simple...advertising, for the longest they were the only shock company getting the word out.