PDA

View Full Version : WORCS Round 3

QuadJunkies
03-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Looks like ya'll better bring some suncreen and tank tops!
Its gonna be a hot one ,especially for all us that are still fighting SNOW!:mad:
Lets all hope the rising fuels costs doesnt hurt some of the rider turnout this summer.
Yeah... thats a hell of a way to boost our economy. :rolleyes:
Donna!!
What photos did you see you wanted I took from the last round?
Ill post them up for you to copy! ;)
Sorry, busy week at home !
Mesquites videos should be up tomorrow. Sorry they are so late, but thers been a TON of racing this past month and its overwhelming on our poor Admin.
Watch the homepage!!
See ya'll next week!:blah:

riding4fun
03-15-2008, 06:49 AM
Tina,

Projected to be in the mid 80's. Thats going to be nice.

The fuel prices are another story. I lucked out and will be traveling with the Kelleys here in Logandale so we can split the gas cost in the April, Washington race.

See you next week,

Darrell

QuadJunkies
03-15-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by riding4fun
Tina,

Projected to be in the mid 80's. Thats going to be nice.

The fuel prices are another story. I lucked out and will be traveling with the Kelleys here in Logandale so we can split the gas cost in the April, Washington race.

See you next week,

Darrell
Thats great that you two will be traveling together! That will help on fuel for sure.

timmybreakitall
03-16-2008, 11:42 AM
I could use some sun! My skin color could be described as opaque.
Hopefully the MX track is more aggressive than last year;)
the Shelmans will see ya there.

adrenalinefreak
03-17-2008, 10:43 AM
It's been pretty decent here in Vegas in the 80's some days but yesterday and today its freezing!! LIke 50's or 60's!! Kind of funny how temperatures can drop and climb so quickly!!

I got in my new suspension stuff: front end, elka elites all the way around, and a wider axle.

Got the front end on will post a pic...now just have to get the rest done by the end of day Thursday..nothing like cutting it close and having no time on it :) Thats what Friday practice is for, right? ;)

Tina, as for the picture I think i'll wait til after this round so I can have one with my new suspension and graphics/numbers!!

See everyone in Havasu...I hope there are still rooms available

adrenalinefreak
03-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Don't worry I'm not done I still have to clamp the brake lines down...lol just didn't have the fuel line to do it last night.. :)

Also have to change out my number plates..

as for Havasu...I was talking with some of my dirt bikes guys and they said the track was rocky and only 6 min. laps so pretty short. They said you could see everyone when they were out on the off road part so that should be nice for spectators and photographers...less trekking around!!

This past weekend it was apparently really windy but hopefully it will be beautiful weather for us!!!

CannondaleRider
03-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Yes, Havasu is a very short course. Lots of laps.

It is definitely a good spectator track...depending on where you're at, a rider can be in site for a lot of the time.

I'll be trackside Thursday night, see you guys out there. :D

adrenalinefreak
03-17-2008, 05:11 PM
the front almost finished

raidernut
03-17-2008, 05:50 PM
looks better with the red plates!! good luck to you on your move up, and congragulations.:) :)

adrenalinefreak
03-19-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm sure a lot of people have already left and are making their way here or leaving pretty soon, especially those from up North!!

Was wondering where everyone is staying...?

I'll be staying in a hotel...all the hotels are really close to the track so no worries, plus it's nice to go into town and eat or do something...although it might be kind of crazy since it's spring break!!! Look out!!

QuadJunkies
03-20-2008, 09:03 PM
We are staying at Days Inn.. OR should I say T!t$ and ARSE Hotel :rolleyes:
If we come next year, we wont be staying at this one again. We will stay where the partiers are not as welcome like the Hamton Inn maybe.
Man its sure HOT here!! Its a nice change, but a BIG change for us since at home its still snowing .lol:p

Donna it looks GOOD!! Very nice !!
Now all ya need is a bumper .:cool:
Looks like we might have another big rider turnout .
See yall tomorrow.

BonaZ
03-22-2008, 11:48 PM
Tina any race updates? How's Troy doing? And the kids? Bring us back some of that warm weather :bandit: :D And you know we want to see some GGW photos:D

LT80
03-23-2008, 09:36 AM
????????? :)

AtvMxRider
03-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
We are staying at Days Inn.. OR should I say T!t$ and ARSE Hotel :rolleyes:

Where exactly is this place at???:devil:

QuadJunkies
03-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by BonaZ
Tina any race updates? How's Troy doing? And the kids? Bring us back some of that warm weather :bandit: :D And you know we want to see some GGW photos:D
I got somewhere around 3000 photos to go threw :p
WE just got home.WOW... What a busy wk end!
So much to tell....!
Brandon took a 2nd place,Kelsey a 3rd. Both had a wreck :scary:
Troy done very well -just to FINISH!:D Glad to see them both get a podium!
There was 27 riders in Brandons class!!!
HE ALMOST got a holeshot,the track was very brutal and the temps effected all us albinos that were not used to the heat.
Kelsey was pretty spent and felt faint for abit when she pulled off in her last race and didnt do as well as she would have liked, but was happy to just finish.
She was a bit sore from her little spill in the morning but is OK. ;)
Brandon has a few bruises to add to the ones he got at the Grand Prix!:o
Jerry... I should have shot some pics for you from the motel pool.:devil: HEHE!
Sorry guys... no X rated shots this trip!:blah: LOL
LT80 -Angela looked reeeal good this wk end.

:cool:

CannondaleRider
03-25-2008, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies

LT80 -Angela looked reeeal good this wk end.

She did....but, did you see her hands after the main? OH MY.... bad, bad, bad. I feel sorry for her. I had a small version of her blisters at Round 1, and that killed....couldn't imagine what she felt on those last laps. Tough girl for sure.

LT80
03-25-2008, 03:36 AM
Thanks much. :)
I heard she had bad blisters.:(

I see she raced production A along w/women and pro-am.
WOW

WORCSYFZ199
03-25-2008, 01:29 PM
It was a good weekend for me, a lot of fun as always, not really what I had hoped following 3rd in Pro-Am here last year. My LTR was missin a motor since it let go in mesquite so I had to bring out the old Yamaha from retirement. I got a poor start (as always) in production A and ended up losing my chain before the first lap. I got a new chain on and signed up for Open A. It was a different story this time I was way back in the first lap or so then I started pulling hard and came through lap 4 in 3rd then passed 2nd and when I was about to set up the pass for the lead my YFZ dropped the chain off the sprocket. I didn't end up DNF'in though since I did 4 laps I got like 25th or something, but it was really dissappointing knowing I could have won. Then Sunday borrowed a bike for Sport and wasn't used to it but rode my best and ended up getting beat by my lil bro haha was a good weekend, but a little dissappointed with the results.:ermm:

adrenalinefreak
03-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad luck worcsyfz199!!!

My Women's A Debut didn't go as well as I had hoped for!!! It felt like forever before my race started on Saturday (3:10pm) and it was so darn hot!!! I had plenty of water but it was in the 90's I believe...

I started out pretty good and was in third for part of the first lap and I lost all steam pretty fast!! I literally died out there of exhaustion!! I was having trouble holding on to the bike and controlling it. I contribute some of that to my suspension not being setup or having the time on it...but also to not training hard enough the two weeks leading up to the race...I literally thought about pulling off because I was struggling. I stalled several times and one of the last times I got such a huge cramp/charlie horse in my leg and hip I had trouble shifting...I ended up finishing 4th but I know I can do way better!!! Thanks to Timmy for passing me and giving me the come on lets go as he passed....that somehow gave me some extra juice and I kept up with him for a few corners before I lost it...lol Thanks!!!!!

Sunday was much much better. I had a really good race and I ended up 1st. Afterward I was notified I was being bumped up to Production B!! I was actually given a choice to stay in C but if I get one more 1st I'm automatically bumped so better to go now!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend...I did!! How about the concession stand food...those cheeseburgers were delicious!!!!

WORCSYFZ199
03-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Wow sounds like that race whooped up on you haha the heat didn't bother me that much although I was feeling pretty warm before I broke, if you raced at 310 you must have seen me sitting there right on the side of the track all broken. The worst part is I didn't even realized where I was in my class like I knew I was moving up but didn't know I was going to pass for the lead until the field came around again and man was that dissappointing :-/

adrenalinefreak
03-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Yea...that does suck!!! I can kind of relate when I had something similar happen in Monticello...just couldn't catch a break...well except breaking my wrist...lol

I don't remember anyone in particular on the side...I was so beat in that race I'm not sure on a whole lot. I've never been that tired before!!!! Not sure what I did wrong but something definitely wasn't right!!

Are you doing the whole series? I will be doing all of them and then as many of the ITP QuadCrosses as possible. I'm also doing the Stateline supermoto for the 1st time....should be fun!!!

is your number still 199? or is it something different?

WORCSYFZ199
03-25-2008, 08:11 PM
haha it's been 808 since 06 but I haven't made a new account on here or anything, but yeah I was like kinda off to the side in this one lined turn thing it was a bad spot for it to happen lol just sittin there on my red yfz with my helmet off lookin bummed lol but yeah idk I think cardio stuff helps alot for WORCS I've been using the rowing machines and doing like 80% of my max heart rate workout for like 40 minutes or so and I think that's been helping quite a bit.

LT80
03-26-2008, 08:10 AM
"My Women's A Debut didn't go as well as I had hoped for!!! It felt like forever before my race started on Saturday (3:10pm) and it was so darn hot!!! I had plenty of water but it was in the 90's I believe..."

Congrats on your finishes. It looked like a very tough and rough track.

Go catch that #88. :)

adrenalinefreak
03-26-2008, 09:50 AM
I stalled out in my women's race where I think you're talking about!! definitely wasn't the greatest place to stall...

Thanks LT80. I've got my work cut out for me which is how I like it!! I love challenges and Butler definitely is a huge one!! Right now I'm focused on finishing top 3 but don't get me wrong I'm going for it. Steppin up the training and need to ride my bike more!!!

Should be fun...at least I know I don't have to worry about getting bumped up anymore in that class and ruining any points I have...lol :)

I'm just glad that so far the women I've met in both the classes are nice and not stuck up like some of the ones in the past were!!! I'm all about being competitive but that doesn't mean you have to be stuck up!!! So thats good that so far everyone seems to be pretty cool....to be honest I haven't met Angela...I've seen her cause they're usually right across from us (Dats Racing)...

WORCS is a great series and the people who race in it are amazing. A lot of the people I've met through worcs feel like an extended family!!

QuadJunkies
03-29-2008, 01:19 AM
Heres a little sneak peak at one of 4 videos from the wk. end.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F2fGPCN8CSk"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F2fGPCN8CSk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

QuadJunkies
04-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Re-cap is up
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=344643