PDA

View Full Version : Need help with wife's bike?

TRENT_G
03-13-2008, 10:04 PM
we just bought my wife a 06 trx 450 it has low hours and is totaly stock. Today I got it back from Honda, had them take care of the recall stuff (reduction gear, a-arms, and lower throttle arm). Wifes last bike was a Scrambler 500 so this is plenty of bike for her. My question is are their any mods that let the bike run better but not worried so much about power (yes, I know they run hand in hand most of the time). Do I need to get rid of air box lid and get a K&N, jet's, air fuel screw or? (we ride between 3500-6500 ft.) Bike runs fine when warmed up just dosen't start as easy as it should. Also you have to give it quite a bit of throttle when taking off or it will die. Thanks for any input

450RGNCC
03-16-2008, 01:58 PM
How about one of those z-start auto clutches? they eliminate stalling and they make using the clutch optional.

d3ktrix
03-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by TRENT_G
Also you have to give it quite a bit of throttle when taking off or it will die. Thanks for any input

Thats just how the 06+ R's are. Short stroke, have to rev it up to get going.

Flyin-Low
03-16-2008, 04:19 PM
You pretty much bought your wife a race bike so those are the things you have to deal with. They seem to stall easy when you first start riding but she'll get used to it.

There's nothing you can do about the starting problem though, they all are a bit tough to start. Give it a few pumps of gas BEFORE trying to start it, then pull the choke and hit the button.

If you do a lot of trail riding DO NOT remove the air box lid.. Any puddle she hits will soak the air filter and ruin your ride.

TRENT_G
03-16-2008, 07:19 PM
Cool, Thanks guys for the reply's. I'll just leave it alone. I have rode the bike a few times and all I can say is I love the way this bike is set up. I have always loved Honda's. I just bought a outlaw 525 for myself and I like the way my wifes bike handles better (don't tell the polaris guys):D . Thanks again T.