PDA

View Full Version : so my first time right

Jnblaster05
03-13-2008, 08:16 PM
well this is gonna be my first time takin off my stock axle and putting on a lonestar +2 axle is there any special tools i need or anything weird to expect any help would be much appreciated

buster024
03-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Glad you asked this....I'm doing the same thing in a few weeks once mine get's here. I've seen a special press tool on RMAC, but I'm not sure what is being pressed.

Jnblaster05
03-13-2008, 08:22 PM
exactly i seen that to and thought whats goin on maybe somethin im not getting

foxracer5464
03-13-2008, 09:15 PM
its not to bad it helps if u have a buddy there to help out but you take your tires and hubs off then your brake caliper and rotor then get to big monkey wrenches us one to hole one side of the locknut still and the other to losen and tighen it then turn the nut toward the bearing carrier i beleive to reviel the c clip thing work that off either with a couple of small flat head screwdrivers or use the pliers desighned for the job then i think you have to spin the nut back the other way a lil then take a ruber mallet on hit the tip of the axle were the hub went on (on the left hand side from looking at the quad from behind) untill it pops out then vise versa
if i missed somethin fill me in

Jnblaster05
03-14-2008, 06:05 PM
sweet thanks man