PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta GA ridinig??

womerk28
03-13-2008, 05:14 PM
i'm moving down to snellville ga at the end of march.... was wondering how much ridig there is and if someone wnats to met up sometime down there.

yamahamike
03-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Hi, i am also in GA, (although not too close to Snellville, i'm in Canton), but there are quite a few good spots near or around you. There are usually 2 types of ridiing in Ga, you have trail riding and mx tracks. Most trail riding is done in ORV parks(state parks) and most track riding is done on privately owned areas. There are some good ORV trails north of you in the Ga mtns. Most ORV trails are closed for the winter and open up on April 1st ,so you will be here just in time. There is a good place to ride near Athens which is also close to you (can't remember the name). One of the best places too ride is a place called Durhamtown. It offers both tracks and trails, and it is just southeast of you, not too far away. In Ga you usually will have to travel a bit to get to some of the good places to ride. I have included a link to a website that is just for Ga riders. It will give you a list of all ORV trails and all mx tracks in Ga. It also gives you a description of the riding and also directions, so you can find the ones that are within driving distance to you. Also they have ride planning so you can meet other ppl who you can go riding with. I usually go to a place called Houston Valley( an ORV park), which is north of where i live ,if you ever get around my area we can go ride up there sometime. Hope this helps you. If you have any questions just send me a reply or e-mail, later.

xrdrsux
03-21-2008, 09:56 PM
We are having a Georgia ride day at www.durhamtown.com its not far from atlanta out I20 east.. check it out. Im gonna start another topic on it so come join in on that one if you want to.