PDA

View Full Version : 400ex clicking in front. Have Leager a-arms... Help!!!

tom416ex
03-13-2008, 11:43 AM
i have an 02 416ex. It has +2 leager a arms. When u turn the handle bars you hear a clicking, nothing too major but enough to annoy me. What is causing the clicking. Someone told me its the bearings. Or is it the bushings.. Help me out please because I want to ge thsi done with asap.
thanks everyone
tom

dustin_j
03-13-2008, 12:04 PM
It shouldn't be too hard to eliminate a few possible causes. Try to move your a-arms where they mount to the frame. If there is freeplay there, you're bushings are probably bad. Otherwise check ball joints and tie rod ends for freeplay. Also check to make sure all tie rod ends are tight. Hope this helps.

tom416ex
03-13-2008, 02:10 PM
yeah thats what im thinking..... i can move the handle bars a little bit, it does have some play, then you can hear a click every now and then. I hope this problem wont be to expensive......
thanks

tom416ex
03-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Actually, if the bushings are gone... Can i use regular bushings, or do i need to get leager bushings??????
thanks
tom

400exMO
03-14-2008, 08:45 AM
I believe you need laeger bushings, call and ask them.
Also check the steering stem bearing, might make noise if it's bad.

the Z Man
03-14-2008, 08:49 AM
Steering stem bushing would be if your handlebar moves up and down, the clicking could be your spindle bearings, you can also check for your play by holding one wheel and shaking the handlebar, then the one that moves you can watch for the movement, the inner tierods seem to go first...

tom416ex
03-14-2008, 06:01 PM
this is a pain in my *****. Anyone have a good web site where i can find the parts i need from leager. For some reason I am having a hard time finding the parts that i need to fix my problem...................
thanks

the Z Man
03-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Might be the same as LoneStar, call Angela Moore, she is pretty cool, probly faster than most of us on here...lol
I think the web-site is www.lsracing.com