PDA

View Full Version : any one else like this?

underpowered
03-13-2008, 09:09 AM
i used to be on this site whnever i was online, constantly checkin it for new post, always posting on here. today is the first time i logged in in probably 2 months. partly because of the repetiveness of the question on here, i got tired of answering the same question 15 different times, and partly because i just have not been riding to much. I still love riding, but sadly my quad has not so much as been started since thanksgiving weekend.

part of it is due to buddies getting out of riding. everyone i used to ride with either got married and just does not ride any more, or sold out. all my riding buddies never ride, except a few guys on ute's. i to am comtemplating selling, jsut because there is no one to ride with. riding ain't much fun by yourself. i still love my quad, but am not sure what to do.

300exOH
03-13-2008, 09:45 AM
I hear ya...I'm in the same situation. I just sold one quad and now I'm left with the little 250ex. Everyone has either quit riding or moved on to something else. Plus there aren't many places nearby to ride and with gas prices the way they are I can't afford to drive 100 miles just to ride for the day.:ermm: I still like to ride but it just isn't practical for me anymore. I decided to just start putting my money into my truck and if I'm lucky I'll get to take it offroad every now and then. It's my daily driver though so I have to be careful where I take it.

underpowered
03-13-2008, 09:49 AM
thats what i kinda did. i have not modded my quad in over a year, exceot for my nerfs which i had to have.

i have just been putting my money in my truck, and now my jeep to. i thought about selling my quad to build one bad arse jeep for off roading

i only go riding 5-6 time a year now, but two years ago, i went every other week somewhere. last year i planned on selling, but to buy a new 450, but with as much as i ride it would not justify the cost, so if i do sell, i am gonna buy a stock 400 or something just to play with.

maticus
03-13-2008, 09:54 AM
well i dont know how far you are from earlywine mx, but im going down friday or sunday if ya wanted to ride. its in maysville. i just needed to test some new crap i got and wanted to ride an environment free track.

300exOH
03-13-2008, 10:02 AM
I just bought some nerfs for the 250 also but I haven't even put them on yet. I have to change the oil because it has sat for so long instead of putting hours on it. I haven't been out riding in over a year. When i first got the quads we would ride almost every weekend...now it's more like 2-3 times a year at most. Honestly I think I would have more fun modding my dakota anyhow. I saw your post on the jeep. Nice looking ride BTW. It's getting to the point where it's easier to find places to take the truck than it is the quads anyhow. Sometimes you just have to move on to bigger and better things. Plus it really doesn't cost any more to upgrade a truck/jeep than it does the quads. I plan to keep the 250 for now since I have almost no money into it just in case I get a chance to ride but it probably won't leave the yard most of the year. I might use it for some hunting this fall but that's about it.

underpowered
03-13-2008, 10:02 AM
i am about an hour away, and would love to go. if i had a few more days notice i probably would but gotta work tomorrow and sunday, only off day is saturday. thanks for the offer though.

thanks, the jeep is slowly coming along. plan on building rock sliders tonight for it. and it is just as cheap to build a truck as it is a quad. i mean, i got $165 in teh whole exhaust on my truck, and $200 in just a slip on on my quad. i can get a complete long arm suspsenssion lift for the jeep for about $1500, and for a quad that won't even buy a decent front end setup let alone the rear. the way my jeep sits, i got about $1000 in it, there is no way i could get a decent quad for that much money.

WhiteYFZ
03-13-2008, 10:21 AM
yea im like this also, havent been on as much at all. last year i got into bmx a lot and thats where most of my friends do.. actually almost all of them. and its just easier to go ride a bike. u can ride anywhere, and i can get to the skatepark on a train in like 15 min. dont have to have someone drive me 2 hrs to a track.. but my best friend got his lisence and he ride a dirtbike, so well be going alot more this year. i cant wait.. also taking a liking in photography and snowboarding now too. still like quads the best tho!

espo