PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Riders OZARK???

Foxrage
03-13-2008, 08:37 AM
Im going on a family vacation in July and staying on Ozarks Lake. I am thinking about driving and maybe doing some riding while im down there. Can anyone help me out on places to ride close to where im staying? Thanks

79400ex
03-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Do you mean Lake of Ozark? If so they are a few places to ride within in 3 hours or less. Two state parks and a national park. The state park names are St. Joe in Park Hill Mo. and Finger Lake State Park in Columbia Mo. THe national park in located in Chadwick Mo. which is down by Springfield Mo. They are few private riding areas around that area also.

bwamos
03-13-2008, 09:30 AM
Loads of choices. Where are you staying in the Ozarks? Takes up about a third of the state, so it makes a differece. ;)

South there's the riding area near Chadwick, MO. One of my favorites.
North there's 2 areas right near Clinton, MO
Columbia, MO has an area.

If you're down toward Branson / Springfield, Chadwick is the place to go, IMHO.

trx400EXtreme
03-13-2008, 07:58 PM
chadwick is pretty awesome from what i hear. i think i'm gonna make a trip down there over the summer. stay way from deepwater (north of the ozarks my truman lake).... over the last few years that place has really gone to ****.

mod440ex
03-14-2008, 01:46 AM
go with chadwick, there a re alot of big deep ruts at finger lakes, and they make you have flag. deepwater is just boring, and they closed down the best part. chadwick is by far the best, it has a little bit of everything. they now have their showeres open too. just make sure you buy your riding pass, its a 50 dollar ticket if you dont:(

Foxrage
03-14-2008, 07:26 AM
Last discussed with the rest of the family we are staying in sunrise beach. Is there a better town you would recomend on the lake. I think we are renting a house. Well it sounds like i will try out chadwick. anyothers please let me know. thanks

zracer16
03-14-2008, 08:00 AM
I would go to Chadwick. IMO it is the only place to ride in MO. You can ride for hours and never hit the same trail twice. I they have easy to extremely hard trails. Speaking of hard trails, has anyone ever conquered the infamous Dairy Queen Hill? I have went up and down that thing several times.

bwamos
03-14-2008, 12:42 PM
I love how well maintained Chadwick is. You can also get maps of the riding area. Trail difficulty is marked by signs similar to ski slopes. Trails have "street signs", etc.. My favorite offroad area to ride.

Guess it has been a long while since I've been to Finger Lakes.. lol. The flags deal must be a new thing added in the last couple years. That whip has gotta hurt on the MX track.. LOL.

Link for the Chadwick riding area.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/marktwain/recreation/sites/chadwick/