PDA

View Full Version : new 08 LT

the blade
03-13-2008, 12:34 AM
Is anyone having trouble jetting the 08 Lt apex? I can't seem to get the low end bog straightened out and if I do, I have trouble with mid range loading up. And then it shuts off when it comes down to an idle. Please help

ecmini1
03-13-2008, 05:26 AM
Sounds like a torq. spring issue. We have had to replace them after 1 run before.

miniquad
03-13-2008, 05:39 AM
Sounds like possible torque spring and jetted too fat maybe pilot jet too big or need to move the needledown clip up depends on your location

the blade
03-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks for your help...... I changed the torque spring already. And tried one size up and down on the pilot jet with different air screw settings, didn't seem to help. checked the reeds and went down one size on the main jet too. mid range is better but still have the bog when you hit the throttle. Never had this much trouble setting the carb. before. Any idea's
Thanks

ecmini1
03-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Which torq spring did you try. It makes a diffrence.

Next need to pull water pump cover off and ck the stator plate timing some time they come loose and timing is way to advanced. The screws sould be only approx 1/8 of and inch from the start of the slot. (turning couter clockwise).

Hope this helps.

CreoRacing
03-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by ecmini1
Which torq spring did you try. It makes a diffrence.

Next need to pull water pump cover off and ck the stator plate timing some time they come loose and timing is way to advanced. The screws sould be only approx 1/8 of and inch from the start of the slot. (turning couter clockwise).

Hope this helps.

I also agree on checking the timing position. We had this issue also and it was too advanced.

markvette
03-13-2008, 08:21 PM
you say you got the low end bog out but it is fat in the middle. drop the needle a clip. may have to drop it all the way down. had this problem many times.

the blade
03-14-2008, 12:35 AM
I'll try these things. Thanks for all your help!!

the blade
03-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Changed the timimg and it sounds better already. Just need to fine tune the carb.

Thank you for all your help!!!