PDA

View Full Version : home made radiator scoops

Chouse Bin
03-12-2008, 09:42 PM
hey im wondering if anyone made there own scoops... i have the resources to make my own but would like to get sum feedback or mesurments of anyones if possible thx

Chouse Bin
03-13-2008, 08:13 AM
also if anyone made some home made air boxes or a arm guards post it up

rcatvrider
03-15-2008, 07:58 PM
I've been considering trying to make some myself, but my 1/8" aluminum sheet always cracks when bent, even if I heat it. Any ideas?

Chouse Bin
03-17-2008, 10:11 AM
im would like to try it with i think its 14 gage stainless.... i work at a sheet metal shop so i was thinking of maybe bending them on an inbdustrial bender? i should just take my plastic ones off and make a diagram or somthing with them?

jonboy
03-17-2008, 06:45 PM
rcatvrider, if it is cracking in the corners or in the edge of your bends then drill a 1/8 hole where the corners are or on the ends of the sheet before you bend the aluminum. Theis is called Stop drilling. Aluminum is more brittle than steel and more likely to crack while bending. Heating the aluminum will make it even more brittle. Try using a softer aluminum. then have it heat treated to harden it.

kodymx13
03-17-2008, 08:41 PM
just copy your stock ones. or go looking around the site or web at others. their all just a basic "C" design just with different mounting points.

wait. you heated aluminum??????