PDA

View Full Version : New record for stock parts

witech
03-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Engine is built with completely used stock parts I had laying around,crank,cams,piston,valves,all stock. Engine was just ported by me. Custom dual exhaust and cyclone intake ,bored throttle body. 432cc Cannondale
The previous Cannondale world record was 50.61hp

The 41 hp run was from a piped and airbox modded Dale from the same dyno .

witech
04-02-2008, 11:55 PM
I had to do some agressive timing when degreeing the cams to get max hp and it shifted the power curve way up . The torque was still well above the 29ft pounds stockers usually max out at. The duals seemed to help out for that .
Took it out on the lake for some wide open runs and it definatly is a fun engine for going really fast.

wppracing
04-03-2008, 07:36 AM
Nice numbers,
Set your smoothing to 5 and your curve will be alot smoother. But it will also reduce your peak readings though.

witech
04-03-2008, 03:50 PM
I can never decide what smoothing to run.
I have thousands of dyno charts on file . Most of them are the Dales but if anyone wants some just ask and I can post them up for comparison .

witech
04-15-2008, 02:33 PM
As requested. This is the ported 432 Cannondale verses other stock engined 450's. Honda ,Yamaha,Suzuki in their respective colors. The Jap quads have the pea shooters out. If anyone has run files of other stock ported 450's please email them to me at exoticquads@msn.com
For those who dont believe porting doesnt do much your in for a world of hurt.

cdale2002
04-17-2008, 08:31 PM
how about a fair compairison by using pump gas instead of MR9, your exaust (not mine LOL), put the filter on and see where your at then probably low 50's if your lucky. Or bore the TB or carbs on the other 450s, port, intake, and the MR9 then see what they get. But I won't tell all of our Cannondale secret mods.

witech
04-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Sorry mike we all play by the same dyno rules . I cant help it if the other guys dont know what they are doing. We didnt even get into the dyno tricks like pulling back the calipers ,unplugging the stators,lightwieght flywheels ,aluminum axles. Heck this is my trail quad. LOL When we go for the big numbers next time its every dirty trick in the book.
I challange you to another exhaust shootout and this time Im bringing the big headpipes. Did you get your brackets made up for your mufflers?

cdale2002
04-18-2008, 04:13 PM
wait till you see my big tube header when its done, you may be very impressed and suprised because it will be like nothing else seen before while still using different exhaust set-up, but will reguire a custom gastank.
Was the yfz chart mine?