PDA

View Full Version : Won't Idle

ariscus99
03-12-2008, 08:54 PM
So I haven't ridden my 07 trx 450 much, but the other day I took it out for the first time in a couple months and it wouldn't idle. It idle'd fine while it was choked, but as soon as I turned the choke off, it died. I tried adjusting the idle but it did nothing. It ran fine(I porbably shouldn't have rode it but I did for about an hour and a half) the whole time I was riding except when I stopped it would die, and it didn't want to start unless it was choked. Any ideas on whats going on. I still have the stock jetting, but I ride at around 1000 feet +/- 300 feet. Thanks in advance.

Nick110
03-12-2008, 09:11 PM
If it runs better with your choke on then it has something to do with it not getting enough gas. Maybe one of your jets is clogged. Maybe your filter fell off and its getting to much air and not enough gas. Check all of the obvious stuff first.

ariscus99
03-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Its not the filter I've checked that, I'll have to check the jets I haven't checked that yet.

d3ktrix
03-13-2008, 01:57 AM
Sounds like the carb needs to be cleaned.
Esp the pilot jet area.

Honda_Matt
03-13-2008, 07:52 AM
Carbs are simple to clean, once you get the float bowl off, take out the pilot jet, smallest one closest to the motor side of the carb and blow some air threw it, or use a fine wire to poke through it to get build up out of there.

It's pretty common for that to happen after sitting with old fuel in it over a few months.