PDA

View Full Version : CT 310 Engine Combo

mdickerson319
03-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Building an mx engine and needed some opinion on a couple of things. Here is what i got so far:

CT/Pro-X 310 ported cylinder
Delta V-Force Reeds
Keihn PWK 38 Carb.
CT Midrange National Pipe/Silencer
Hot Rods Long Rod Crank

My question is: Should I run a reed spacer and lightened flywheel? What are my advantages with and without?
Any info will be appreciated!

C-LEIGH RACING
03-13-2008, 08:02 AM
Alot depends on your riding level. If your an A or B rider the V force reeds & CR ignition will be ok. If you need a bike thats more controlable then those reeds are more suited to higher rpm type engines as well as the CR ignition.
If a bottom end type power engine is what your needing then change the reeds for a Boysene Rad Valve & then get a flywheel weight for the ignition.

Cylinder porting, do you know what the cylinder is ported for,?? bottom end woods, midrange, upper midrange or drag.
Neil

doc-bones
03-13-2008, 08:11 AM
I ran that set-up for a few years. I would run a LRD pipe instead of the CT midrange pipe, as it makes much better power. I ran both and there was no comparison at all. Very reliable set up as well.
Good luck

mdickerson319
03-13-2008, 02:40 PM
The porting is for midrange and I usually run B class with the hopes of going to A this summer. Guess I hadn't really thought about the CR iginition setup. Where's the best place to pick one up and what kind of price am I looking at? I may end up swithching the pipes but I bought the whole kit from CT and thought I'd give it a shot first. Thanks for all the advice!

Motofool250r
03-13-2008, 08:45 PM
ESR sells the cr ignition kit its the only one i know of for 550