PDA

View Full Version : Race Prep

Black250EX
03-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Ive been thinking of what i would need to do to get my 2005 suzuki ltz400 ready to start racing? are there any suggestions on what to do and not to do? i will be starting out on my 400 so i can get the feeling of the tracks in my area, there are a couple that arent that far away. eventually ill move up to racing 450's by next year. I'd greatly appreciate anyone's help

kodymx13
03-12-2008, 09:21 PM
nerf bars and kill switch are required by most if not all tracks. start with a pipe air filter then maybe MX tires. then work alittle on suspension. start going into motor last.

Black250EX
03-17-2008, 05:56 PM
nerf bars i got on the way, but i dint really know about the kill swithc if you can or anyone else how much do they run for and is there a certain kind i should look into?

bellzbub
03-17-2008, 07:39 PM
your best resource for this info is your local track. go there and watch first, walk around the pits and talk to everyone you can. some people won't give you the time of day but for every one of them you will find 10 who will talk to you and give you the answers to your questions.

the z uses a normally closed kill switch. they can cost anywhere between $15 and $85 depending on which brand you get. top of the line is the pingel kill switch. pricey but worth it.