PDA

View Full Version : XC Banshee????

jcquads
03-12-2008, 05:52 PM
What all do you need to do to make a Banshee ready for XC? NOT looking to race the pro class.Just the local C class.And not looking to spend a fortune.
Also if anyone has 1 for sale give me some info and where you are located.
Thanks

Washburn
03-13-2008, 02:41 AM
Well alot of people will say get a 4 stroke but you can be very competitive on a banshee if its setup correctly and you have the desire and skill to win.

First handeling. you need wider A-Arms and suspension upgrades which can be very expensive but its well worth the money and it takes every cent to compete. TIP If you get adjustable components Arms Suspension Axle ect spend time setting them up to your style. Dont just put them on to other peoples specs and never touch it again. If you plan on that get non adjustable. Cheaper and less hastle. But monkeying around with a arm settings caster and camber adjusting your wheels 9/16ths inward raising your ride hieght and sag and cranking your comp/rebound 1 click can be all of the diffrence in the world. Also picking lines and running them till you can go fullout without tireing out can be all of the diffrence in the world also. Remember your on a twin 2 stroke be prepared to put some serious practice in.

I have Lonestar +2+1 Racing A-Arms but a cheaper solution to them would be Wicked A-Arms they are Chromoly and they do offer them in +2+1 which is perfect for the Banshee. I cannot personaly recomend them since Ive never ran a set but Ive heard decent things about them

For suspension I have the Elka Std Travel Elites and Rear Long Travel Elite on Elkas Pro dual linkage. Best suspension setup for the Banshee by far anything is better than stco, you absolutly cannot compete with stock suspension, again a cheaper solution would be Elka Recs with a rear Elka shock and mabey a shorter swingarm depending on if you feel you need more power to the ground. Alot has to do with your weight.

Power wise your pretty set with Pipes a milled head or Noss Head 20cc domes (I have) a +4 timing advance with the plate is a good investment also a 2:1 intake and singlr 35mm carb is a good upgrade for faster hit and more lowend power. Im getting a 4mil 115 rods crank with a Lowend GNCC port for even more power at the RPM range Im most comfterble at.
whewww Im about tired after typeing that but I think that should help with the idea of running a Banshee in XC races. Im sure other people will chime in.