PDA

View Full Version : Streamline Billetanium Rebuildable ATV Stabilizer ?s

REDRIDDER
03-12-2008, 08:35 AM
just bought one last night and was wondering if any of you guys had one? at Rmatv most of the reviews say the instructios suck but i wanted to know who has one installed and whats the best position for it to be in because from my understanding you need to get optimum leverage point from it ?

REDRIDDER
03-12-2008, 10:17 AM
I know that some one here has one!

08400EX
03-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Installation is very simple, don't sweat it.

You can't always go by reviews, heck that review concerning bad instructions could have been Braaup... JUST KIDDING!!

In a nutsheel the most critical things are:

Make sure there is no interferance of the unit with other items on the quad that could cause the steering to bind or the unit to damage brake lines etc.

Make sure it is positioned so that you hit your steering stem "stops" before the end of the stroke in each direction.

For best results make sure the "plane" and stroke of the unit is as perpendicular to the steering stem as possible.

Other than that there isn't much to it.

REDRIDDER
03-12-2008, 11:01 AM
First of all lmao......second thanks, this is the answer i was looking for.do you run a steering stabilizer?

08400EX
03-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by REDRIDDER
First of all lmao......second thanks, this is the answer i was looking for.do you run a steering stabilizer?

I ran one of the stick type for a few months... took it off and put it on my wife's 250EX. She says she really likes it... I don't have the heart to tell her it is turned all the way off :-)

hornetgod13
03-12-2008, 11:40 AM
All stick type stabilizers are mounted the same way. Here's picture of mine mounted.

REDRIDDER
03-12-2008, 12:56 PM
hornetgod13 thanks and remember me asking you about steering stabilizers the other day? well its your fault i went and bought one hahahaha please send my $140 bucks back threw pay pal lmao.No but seriously I've been wanting one for some time now cause the trails here are rough as hell and I'm hoping it will reduce my arm pump.
:)

hornetgod13
03-12-2008, 02:21 PM
You'll feel the difference right away and be glad you got one.

REDRIDDER
03-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by hornetgod13
You'll feel the difference right away and be glad you got one. did you have a problem with arm pump before? what was your reason for buying a stabilizer?

hornetgod13
03-12-2008, 02:32 PM
I bought mine to minimize arm fatigue. It has helped considerably.

TRXRacer1
03-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Man, I'm still debating this one. Let us know what you think of it RR.

REDRIDDER
03-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by TRXRacer1
Man, I'm still debating this one. Let us know what you think of it RR. debating on getting a stabilizer or debating on the manufacture of the stabilizer?:)

NJ450rider
03-12-2008, 04:11 PM
I wont ride an atv without one!!! The ability to control your atv over bumps and rough terrain greatly increases. I run mine 3 clicks up from full soft. Most stick stablizers are 7 clicks total from softest to full firm.

Also dont make it to firm! Itll tire you out just as fast as not having one. Start out at full soft and go up one click at a time till it feels firm but not overly stiff!

TRXRacer1
03-12-2008, 04:14 PM
debating on getting a stabilizer or debating on the manufacture of the stabilizer?:) The stabilizer. I don't really get arm pump when all my buddies are so I'm not sure if I need one.

REDRIDDER
03-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by NJ450rider
I wont ride an atv without one!!! The ability to control your atv over bumps and rough terrain greatly increases. I run mine 3 clicks up from full soft. Most stick stablizers are 7 clicks total from softest to full firm.

Also dont make it to firm! Itll tire you out just as fast as not having one. Start out at full soft and go up one click at a time till it feels firm but not overly stiff! thanks it should be here tomorrow cant wait.but unfortunately i still cant get out on the trails friggin snow still to deep and my sub frame is broke lol.

wcbomb
03-12-2008, 07:19 PM
hey, redridder, I just ordered mine from RMATVMC last friday should be here by this friday [ I HOPE] if you get yours would you put a reveiw on for me please. family are going to coal creek the 24th of this month, thought it would help with the rocks that are there. I never get arm pump but sometime's my eye's on wife and daughter more than the trail and I get the bars ripped from my hands at speed.

REDRIDDER
03-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Anyone that doesn't get arm pump obviously isn't riding fast enough lol...just playin i think my biggest problem is that i grip the handle bars so hard when I'm riding fast, i swear i can leave in dents from my fingers griping so tightly lol.wcbomb I'd do a review but with all the snow on the trails and my sub frame being broke witch i haven't found another one yet! i wouldn't have a full review for you by the time i do you will have already received yours lol. I may do a little thread on it though so ill keep you guys up to date.heres a pic of a poor old broken sub frame:( .

REDRIDDER
03-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Maybe i get bad arm pump because of my big guns needing so much more oxygen and I'm a smoker hahahahahaha.

AtvMxRider
03-13-2008, 05:25 AM
my sub frame being broke witch i haven't found another one yet!

Just get it welded until you find another one

07trx400ex
03-13-2008, 03:52 PM
WOW, I did not know New York had rednecks too!!!

REDRIDDER
03-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by 07trx400ex
WOW, I did not know New York had rednecks too!!! what! hahahahah and proud of it lol.

Brauap
03-13-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by 08400EX

You can't always go by reviews, heck that review concerning bad instructions could have been Braaup... JUST KIDDING!!

Hardy-har-har... lol

Brauap
03-13-2008, 04:06 PM
Maybe i get bad arm pump because of my big guns needing so much more oxygen and I'm a smoker hahahahahaha.

dude, your arms are tiny compared to mine!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/braaup/muscle14.jpg

lol, like my undies?! ;)

REDRIDDER
03-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Brauap
dude, your arms are tiny compared to mine!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/braaup/muscle14.jpg

lol, like my undies?! ;) yeah well ...ill have my brother kick your red undie ace then lmao...hahahahahaha

97WarriorRider
03-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Brauap you didnt even need to search for that pic you just went to your men folder and posted it here...Thats sick man!! nobody needed to know that you look at jacked guys with thongs on..keep that $hit to your self

REDRIDDER
03-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by 97WarriorRider
Brauap you didnt even need to search for that pic you just went to your men folder and posted it here...Thats sick man!! nobody needed to know that you look at jacked guys with thongs on..keep that $hit to your self hahahahahahahahahahahahaha..this thread is beat, i guess i asked for it though my bad lol.

REDRIDDER
03-13-2008, 04:17 PM
what do you got to say now Brauap? lol

Brauap
03-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by 97WarriorRider
Brauap you didnt even need to search for that pic you just went to your men folder and posted it here...Thats sick man!! nobody needed to know that you look at jacked guys with thongs on..keep that $hit to your self

Dude, your soo gay...

Brauap
03-13-2008, 04:25 PM
what do you got to say now Brauap? lol

you did a really good job! I had to check it twice, then I say, holy crap! That's really you! lol jk

REDRIDDER
03-13-2008, 04:26 PM
were just havin fun now.

Brauap
03-13-2008, 04:28 PM
lol whats wrong with that?

REDRIDDER
03-13-2008, 04:28 PM
notta damm thing.

REDRIDDER
03-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Hey Brauap check out my deer.

TRXRacer1
03-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Anyone that doesn't get arm pump obviously isn't riding fast enough lol...just playin Hahaha! I knew someone would bust me up for saying that. The funny thing is I'm always puttin a whoopin on my friends that are getting the arm pump. I won't give you guys a face pic in fear that I'll be photo chopped on to Richard Simons or something but you can see I'm not in the feather weight division.......LOL!

http://miltechsolutions.tripod.com/offroad/wata/devilsbackbone2.jpg

Brauap
03-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Hey Brauap check out my deer.

Dude, you soo hilarious!

I love the head shot on your pics, and can't help but to burst out laughing!! Keep em' comming!!!!

REDRIDDER
03-14-2008, 04:16 PM
this one has my dog in it.she jumped on top the washer i took her pic and hacked it up to fit this hahah its realy crapy but its just all for fun.

REDRIDDER
03-14-2008, 04:23 PM
lol...

wcbomb
03-28-2008, 09:48 PM
HEY !! redrider, sorry no muffed up pics, seriously just got back from coal creek, and brimstone,the streamline steering stabilizer worked as good as I could hope for. set it on 4th click. I could hammer the the steep rocky hillclimbs without any worries, def. worth the investment. I will get pics up asap.

REDRIDDER
03-29-2008, 04:22 PM
nice I'm glad yours worked i had to grind my steering stem clamp out about 1/4" so it would fit.