PDA

View Full Version : What oils are the best for a shee?

99banshee
03-11-2008, 09:05 PM
I was wanting to get some u guys opinions on what the best oil to run in a shee is! What's the best to mix the gas with and what is the best to run in the crank case? Also what weight to run in the crank?

chads300
03-11-2008, 10:07 PM
i always ran klotz r50 mixed at 32:1 with 93 octane gas...... as for tranny oil i always use bell ray gear saver.

Dinner
03-12-2008, 01:47 AM
I use Amsoil Dominator oil to mix with my fuel, at 40:1. Currently I am only running 91 Gas, but will probably be running higher this season.

And as far as Tranny oil I have been using 15W40 the last few years. Might change over to something else this season as well.

WOLFPACK
03-12-2008, 08:53 AM
The best oil for mixing is yet to be determined! Some say use a Castor for protection but it leaves a build-up. I'll give you our opinion and you do with it what you want.

Heat is a killer in all motors. In addition to the liquid cooling, gas also cools the cylinder. Oil inhibits cooling. So, you want to run the least amount of oil you can in your mixture without compromising reliability.

If you'll recall, back in the day everything was mixed at 20:1 and progressively became a leaner mix over the years. The reason for this is oil technology. It is the oil that determines the mix not the motor!

So, look into Amsoil products. They have an oil out thats they claim is for a racing application and can be run at 50:1. We ran it for a year in our without problem. But, it's your decision to make.

DO NOT USE Amsoil if your top end is not well broke-in. You can experience a power loss and blow-by if you use it on a fresh motor.

If you want to play it safe in all cases use Maxima K2.

Crankcase oil?

The thicker the oil the harder it is to move. (In racing import cars the new rave is to run Amsoil 0W-30 synthetic oil. The theory is that when it heats up it is about the consistancy of water. Therefore the moving parts in the motor will splash it around instead of it flowing around the motor.) The harder it is to move the less power your motor produces. It's probably not significant for the everyday rider.

Anyway....blah blah blah......We use Spectro 10W-30 Clutch Saver!

Dinner
03-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by WOLFPACK So, look into Amsoil products. They have an oil out thats they claim is for a racing application and can be run at 50:1. We ran it for a year in our without problem. But, it's your decision to make.

Agreed, most Amsoil oils are recommended for 50:1 mix ratio. I know the Interceptor and Dominator(this is there racing blend) are recommended for 50:1. I have been running 40:1 the lat year without any problems.

Hondamaster5505
03-24-2008, 10:12 AM
We use Mobil1 synthetic and Klotz.

Dinner
03-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by WOLFPACK DO NOT USE Amsoil if your top end is not well broke-in. You can experience a power loss and blow-by if you use it on a fresh motor.

If you want to play it safe in all cases use Maxima K2.

Just curious as to why you say this? Is it because Amsoil is for racing applications, made to work good in fast revving motors? So during break in you shouldn't really be revving fast or hard so the Amsoil's properties wont be as good in lower RPM's?

sp01
04-04-2008, 03:06 PM
we run amsoil saber at 80 .1 and have not had a problem 2 years
with a mix of 110 -91 gas

WOLFPACK
04-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Dinner
Just curious as to why you say this? Is it because Amsoil is for racing applications, made to work good in fast revving motors? So during break in you shouldn't really be revving fast or hard so the Amsoil's properties wont be as good in lower RPM's? The reason is that the molecules in synthetics are tiny. Far smaller than standard oil. They can actually fill in the hash marks in a fresh cylinder and prevent the rings mating to the cylinder. It can possibly decrease performance as well.

Shane

trx450r ryder
04-18-2008, 10:03 AM
i run klotz cause it runs better and i like the smell:devil: :devil: :devil: