PDA

View Full Version : need an idea....

elmer91
03-11-2008, 05:59 PM
I know some you can come up with some great ideas, and i need one or two.

I am in a club call Technology Student Association. i have to create a 'promotional graphic' as one of the events for this years competition. it has to include the TSA logo, and the theme for next year, which is "shape the future" i cant think of anything, and am welcome to any and all ideas. you never know, i may even choose your idea. I am going to create it in photoshop.

Thanks in advance

Stevie-D
03-11-2008, 06:01 PM
well to include "TSA" and "Shape the future" why not just spell "TSA" out of some play-dough:blah: sorry i never could get serious when i was in school :D

elmer91
03-12-2008, 05:24 PM
come on, no more suggestions? i am open to anything, i have none at all.

klutch
03-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Umm... i will try to help...

Why not try doing something along the lines of a timeline?
Like the very first car, then a car from the 50s, 70s, 90s, 08s and then some prototype futuristic style car? then in the middle you write:

"TSA - Shaping the Future" in a nice font?

I tried I am only a sophmore in highschool if this isn't good enough i am sorry :ermm:.

klutch
03-12-2008, 05:39 PM
I only chose cars because it seemed an easy form of technology and a wide variety to choose from. You can always sub out cars for computers, radios, guns, house hold objects, there is just many things that can be substituted in.

I hope i was of some help :).

#666 Damian

elmer91
03-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by klutch
Umm... i will try to help...

Why not try doing something along the lines of a timeline?
Like the very first car, then a car from the 50s, 70s, 90s, 08s and then some prototype futuristic style car? then in the middle you write:

"TSA - Shaping the Future" in a nice font?

I tried I am only a sophmore in highschool if this isn't good enough i am sorry :ermm:.

Thats a really good idea, and dont feel so bad, im only a sophmore also.

klutch
03-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by elmer91
Thats a really good idea, and dont feel so bad, im only a sophmore also.

Thankyou. Glad to help :D

ds450maniac
03-12-2008, 08:23 PM
well I agree with you klutch thats a good idea,but you have to consider doing the same thing as klutch is talking about but in quad form...like start off with a timeline type of thing that mention the worlds first trike..1970 ATC 90 and then go into the worlds first quad which was the 1982 LT125 and keep goin down the time line which would then go the LT250R and then the Honda 250R and so on. Trust me it could get pretty instesting once you start looking into quads history...For example I had to do a powerpoint presentation as a freshman and I could do it on anything so I did it on quads and mind ya I live in the country but my schools in the city and the kids were just looking at me lol like I was crazy and the other kids did reports on M&M's and band's and I had to be the rebel that picked quads lol. And I'm now a junior so I got a year on yal lol not that that matters haha. sorry for stealing your idea klutch lol but I added my own twist to it

elmer91
03-15-2008, 11:29 AM
ok, i need another idea, i built a CO2 car for the same club, it is kinda in a wedge shape, and i need the paint a cool design on the top. the base color is blue, the paint is black. any ideas? i was thinking a jolly roger.

ds450maniac
03-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Go Monster Energy or Rockstar if you have the stickers to do it. I made a CO2 car last year and did it as a Monster Energy Car and even though it wasn't the best design I got 1st place for looks:D I couldn't believe it cause thur were so many more nicer cars lol and the best thing is, they put it in a show case in one of the busy-ust hallways in the High School along with some other winners and I got so many comments. Anyhow swap some type of motocross racing company sticker on it and you'll be set hahaha. I'd take pictures of it for you but I use my sisters camera and she broke it last nite:grr:

elmer91
03-15-2008, 07:57 PM
sounds cool looking. i got the CO@ car figured out now. it is going to have some type of flames on the side, and a jolly roger on the top. now, onthis i want your opinion.

i have been working in photoshop on my promotional graphic for TSA. and these are the two i have been working on, and i want your opinion. each one still needs something. both still need the full color TSA logo. give me your opinions on everything. tell me what needs to be changed/deleted/added. it has to fit the theme, which is Shape the Future.

The Wood Grain: still need to add in a few tools and such.
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb80/elmer091/f3ace1c7.jpg

The Crystal Ball:i want to add some hands around the ball.
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb80/elmer091/c507768d.jpg

ds450maniac
03-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Them are some really good designs ya got there. My opinon on the wood grain: add tools like you said like saws,hammers,screw drivers, etc. and it will look real good. Nice idea with the sharpie though. I was thinking when I looked at the wood grain one that it would be cool if it was like a dry-wall type of back ground with dry-wall tools and stuff because that also would mean shaping the future because U'd be building new walls to the future, but hey just an idearr lol. And I really like the crystal ball one and it would look awsome with some hands holding the ball like you said. Instead of having the TSA writing on the bottom I think that it would stick out more if you put it were the shape the future one is at inside the ball on the top,out of the way of the city, but still so it could stand out, RESIZE IT. Maybe also make the crystal ball bigger. I'd make the TSA logo blue and keep the shape the future logo red. Also which program are u using? And which grade you in cause I did was in a class like yours last year and it was called foundations of tech and I was in 10th, not that that matters because anybody can take this class. I hope this helped you out and if you use any of my suggestions, tell everyone that a redneck in PA helped ya out lol. Later

elmer91
03-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by ds450maniac
Them are some really good designs ya got there. My opinon on the wood grain: add tools like you said like saws,hammers,screw drivers, etc. and it will look real good. Nice idea with the sharpie though. I was thinking when I looked at the wood grain one that it would be cool if it was like a dry-wall type of back ground with dry-wall tools and stuff because that also would mean shaping the future because U'd be building new walls to the future, but hey just an idearr lol. And I really like the crystal ball one and it would look awsome with some hands holding the ball like you said. Instead of having the TSA writing on the bottom I think that it would stick out more if you put it were the shape the future one is at inside the ball on the top,out of the way of the city, but still so it could stand out, RESIZE IT. Maybe also make the crystal ball bigger. I'd make the TSA logo blue and keep the shape the future logo red. Also which program are u using? And which grade you in cause I did was in a class like yours last year and it was called foundations of tech and I was in 10th, not that that matters because anybody can take this class. I hope this helped you out and if you use any of my suggestions, tell everyone that a redneck in PA helped ya out lol. Later

thanks for the suggestions. as for resizing it, i have a limit for the competition. it has to be 8X10, or 10X8.
I am using Adobe Photoshop CS3 extended. great program to use, and im a 10th grader right now.

ds450maniac
03-15-2008, 08:44 PM
I forget what program we used but it was ok. I'd use the 8x10, it would turn out better than the 10x8 would I'd think. Good luck on the project hope you get a good grade cause your work def. proves to me that you can get an A+ if you add more stuff

elmer91
03-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by ds450maniac
I forget what program we used but it was ok. I'd use the 8x10, it would turn out better than the 10x8 would I'd think. Good luck on the project hope you get a good grade cause your work def. proves to me that you can get an A+ if you add more stuff

this isnt for a grade. i am making this for a club, and i am taking it to the state competition later this week.

ds450maniac
03-15-2008, 08:53 PM
o sorry i missed the part where you said it was 4 a club lol. But good luck at the competition.

jesseweaver
03-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by elmer91
ok, i need another idea, i built a CO2 car for the same club, it is kinda in a wedge shape, and i need the paint a cool design on the top. the base color is blue, the paint is black. any ideas? i was thinking a jolly roger.

yea monster car would be cool, but make sure when you're done with it, put a bottle rocket in the back where the CO2 goes and put it on the road. thats really fun

elmer91
03-16-2008, 03:12 PM
i pretty much am finished with the graphics, here they are.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb80/elmer091/d59dc3cf.jpg
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb80/elmer091/917a1e07.jpg