PDA

View Full Version : Brandon's 2008 Kasea Build

mxdad423
03-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Well we are getting there, got just about everything done, just waiting for one more part to get here tommorrow, (Front Engine Mount) then we can put the engine in and it will be complete and ready to go, I HOPE, LOL.....Here are a couple of pics, less the engine. All I can say is THANK YOU DAVE CARTER YOUR THE BEST.Also thank you Carey for the cool new brake system, and also Brad Loomis for everything you have done for us, we wont forget. Sorry about the photos being a little fuzzy, battteries were going dead in the camera......

Kevin Smitley

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa153/mxdad0423/2008Kaseabuild031.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa153/mxdad0423/2008Kaseabuild033.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa153/mxdad0423/2008Kaseabuild036.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa153/mxdad0423/2008Kaseabuild029.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa153/mxdad0423/2008Kaseabuild024.jpg

wvspeedfreak
03-11-2008, 06:17 PM
That is sweet Kevin.Looks awesome!!!!

mxdad423
03-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Hey Thanks Jason, Brandon is pretty excited to get on the track with it........

Kevin Smitley

robb
03-11-2008, 06:54 PM
very niiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
great job on the build.

mxdad423
03-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Thanks we tried. I have new front plastics here and am waiting for the rears, their about 2 weeks out yet so we just threw last years plastic on for now, cant wait to get the rears so we can put Ernie's new graphics on and the new plastics.....

Kevin Smitley

BradLoomis
03-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Kevin you are welcome for everything. I am just glad that Brandon's bike is turning out so nice. Thanks for the comment on my logo also. We will get a carbon fiber stem to you real soon. If you want a carbon fiber silencer, we can do that also. How long till his first race?

mxdad423
03-11-2008, 08:50 PM
WOW Brad thanks, Brandon would love the stem and silencer, he hasent quit talking about the tie rods can't imagine what he would say about those things. .....His first race is scheduled for this Sunday but that depends on what the weather does, he's hoping the weahter doesn't screw it up he can't wait to get on the track....Thanks again Brad, We really appriciate everything you have done.....

Kevin Smitley

etondaddy
03-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Boy I hope Kyle doesn't read this Brad........ ;) ;) ;) he would want a carbon Fiber frame if he can get one.

Mike Kozura

BradLoomis
03-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by etondaddy
Boy I hope Kyle doesn't read this Brad........ ;) ;) ;) he would want a carbon Fiber frame if he can get one.

Mike Kozura

Then don't let Kyle talk to Dave! If you know what I mean!:eek2:

fcfab
03-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Come on Brad, you can build a carbon frame. Just think of how much fun you'd have. I know one thing at a time.
Fc Fabricating
Carey

BradLoomis
03-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Carey, you have already caused me enough work as it is... then again with friends like you, I know I'll never be bored!

fcfab
03-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Thats what I'm here for. I'll just keep filling your head with new idea's. I look forward to hearing what you think of your new magura clutch. The carbon axle will done friday. Can't wait to use it on chances quad. Back to work.
Fc Fabricating
Carey

Reimer Racing
03-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Kevin the bike is looking good. What color is the frame this year.

Your box is on its way to the big belly haired guys house :blah: I put something extra in the box for him. :devil:

Good luck this weekend if they still have the race. We got dumped on AGAIN. Another 25 inchs of snow fell Sat.

mxdad423
03-12-2008, 09:06 PM
Just got word today they cancelled, That was kina good, gives me another week to get the new engine ready, I was going to run last years engine this weekend just because I didn't have enough time to get the new one ready. Thanks for the compliment, We can't wait to get the new rear plastics so we can get the new plastics and graphics on.
Man, 25 mor inches, you will still be digging yourself out up there in May, LOL........

Thanks Paul,
Kevin Smitley

PS....Don't have any nightmares about the Big Hairy belly guy...:D :D :D :D :D

mxdad423
03-12-2008, 09:11 PM
OOOOPS, sorry Paul I forgot, the frame is almost the same as last year. Last year it was Candy Red Topcoat over Silver Met., this year it is Candy Red Topcoat over Chrome base, the chrome made it a little deeper, turned out really good.....

Kevin Smitley

Reimer Racing
03-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Kevin do you guys powder coat a base than powder coat over that?

etondaddy
03-13-2008, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by Reimer Racing
Kevin do you guys powder coat a base than powder coat over that?
There are different types of powder..... there are one coat powders, powders that require a top coat, powders that require a base coat, and translucent top coats that can be used over any color. Kevin whated candy red witch requires a base coat because it is a translucent. The best base colors for that are silver, silver metallic, chrome or white. We used chrome this year (because I had a bunch of it lol) and it came out great.

Mike Kozura
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/100_0945.jpg

Chrome base coat
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/100_0939.jpg

ecmini1
03-13-2008, 05:40 AM
That is the sweetest Kasea Ive seen in a while. Nice to see some of the detail in your mini . Goog luck on your race season.

mxdad423
03-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by ecmini1
That is the sweetest Kasea Ive seen in a while. Nice to see some of the detail in your mini . Goog luck on your race season.

Thanks, my son is pretty proud of it. We got the engine in it late last night and he rode it a little last night and a little more this afternoon and he said it handels extremely well so that made me happy, he was so excited about the way it handeled he made me call Dave so he could tell him thanks. That was cool.....I will post some more pics once the new rear plastics come in so we can put the new plastics and graphics on......

Kevin Smitley

wvspeedfreak
03-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by ecmini1
That is the sweetest Kasea Ive seen in a while.

I have to agree.I have always liked the Kaseas and that one is built just how I would want it.

etondaddy
03-13-2008, 10:31 PM
I think the best parts the powdercoating......... :devil: :devil:

Mike Kozura

mxdad423
03-14-2008, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
I have to agree.I have always liked the Kaseas and that one is built just how I would want it.

Thanks again Jason When he told me he wanted to stay on the Kasea, I have to admit it made me happy, I have always liked the Kasea's alot to, even before we had one.

Kevin Smitley

mxdad423
03-14-2008, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by etondaddy
I think the best parts the powdercoating......... :devil: :devil:

Mike Kozura

Ya think? LOL........It did come out nice. :) :) :)

Kevin Smitley

PS. Call me later, I talked to Dave late last night, I will be into work in about a half hour.....YES I have to work today, Thats BS.....LOL.

dcarter
03-15-2008, 04:02 AM
Hey kevin,
Thanks for the pics and the nice words. I want people to know that you do not have to buy a new bike and start over to get the latest dual a-arm set up and long travel rear set up. There are a lot of kesea's, polaris's and e-ton's still out there that make great bikes. most already have built engines and just need the suspension brought up to date. We can do that!!!!!!! Really nice job on the bike. I wish you and mike and brad lived closer, just think what we could do. great job on the bike.
p.s. carbon frame that is being looked at for the mod's!!!!!!

mxdad423
03-15-2008, 07:52 AM
Yea That would be nice to live a little closer to each other. I don't know how many times I have thought about new idea's in my sleep but didn't have the means to make it, but if we lived closer I know you could do it.
You are welcome Dave, I just appriciate everything you have done for Brandon and I over the last 4 or 5 years, It has really made things alot nicer for us having good friends like you and Brad.
I didn't have to worry about buying a new bike, Brandon wouldn't let me, he rode the others and just won't let the Kasea go. That was a good thing for me, LOL.......Your right don't need to buy a new one and start over, Our Kasea has the same things that the DRR has plus some.

Kevin Smitley

musky
03-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Hey Kevin thannks again for the help today, well on second thought Im not to sure about that you may have just cost me ton of $, Since Riley has ridden Brandons quad thats all he talk about. He didnt shut up about the hole way home. Thanks again for the help.
Ron

mxdad423
03-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Hey Ron you and Riley are welcome, just give me a shout any time you need anything and I will be glad to help. What are you saying we might be building another Kasea?:D :D :D .... We better not even say that, your wife won't let you stop over anymore, LOL....

Kevin Smitley

musky
03-16-2008, 06:44 AM
I guess we could do that. We already have the frame.

tireman43
03-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by mxdad423
Our Kasea has the same things that the DRR has plus some.

Kevin Smitley

Is it liquid cooled?

Its nice to see somebody likes collector items.:D LOL

All joking aside...It looks very good Kevin. I can't say I've seen a nicer Kasea. And if Brandon's happy with it, thats what counts in the end.

Kevin

dcarter
03-21-2008, 05:23 PM
hey kevin
how do you like those carbon fiber tie-rods? you know the steering steems are coming next week don't you? bike looks great i bet it will eat a few drr's up!!!!!

mxdad423
03-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Hey Dave, Brandon loves the carbon fiber tie rods. I'm not telling Brandon about the stems, but when you get them ready just give me a call, I'm in. I am still trying to get something togeather to go to Pell City, I will let you know as soon as I can weather I can make it, then we will see how many DRR's we can leave behind...

Kevin Smitley