PDA

View Full Version : what is happening to the rock and roll hall of fame?!

bradley300
03-11-2008, 03:14 PM
first grand master flash is inducted and now madonna? in her first year of eligibility no less, yet black sabbath was snubbed for 15 years before they got in

what kind of hall of fame is this again? Sure grand master flash and madonna should be in the MUSIC hall, but this is the ROCK N ROLL hall of fame

<DRS>GPF
03-11-2008, 05:02 PM
i never got over it being in cleveland, let alone the rationale for some of the inductee's..

it should be renamed "the american pop music hall of fame".. and still moved from cleveland.

300exOH
03-11-2008, 11:01 PM
The Rock Hall is a big joke. They are letting in anything and everyone. Half of the stuff I saw there was from bands that aren't even close to Rock...mostly pop, rap and R&B.:ermm:

As for the Rock Hall being in Cleveland...I hope you know that the Cleveland area is responsible for a HUGE number of rock bands making it in the industry. 100.7 WMMS single handedly broke MANY bands into stardom. Do a search for WMMS "The Buzzard" and you'll see what I mean. Bands like Springsteen, Ian Hunter, Lou Reed, Joe Walsh and many many others were first heard in Cleveland. Many of them are from the greater Cleveland area. The guitar shop where Joe Walsh worked is where I buy some of my guitar stuff and my step dad actually met Joe Walsh along with the rest of the James Gang at Chippewa Lake Park which is just down the road from me.

I think they put the Rock Hall in the right place but they need to keep out some of this pop and rap CRAP.

smr
03-12-2008, 06:28 AM
I saw that, man the rock hall of fame is a disgrace.

cleveland is a good place after all it is "the heart of rock and roll"

detreit would also be good.