PDA

View Full Version : Where to grease and lube regularly?

04TRX400EX
03-11-2008, 02:40 PM
I hear people and magazines say to regularly grease the swingarm bolt and other areas on the quad, mainly around suspension components but I've never done it.

Perhaps this thread can be used for everyone to share their maintenance suggestions including where they grease/lube, how often, and what they use?

IDLE13
03-16-2008, 07:29 PM
rear hubs and splines need to have grease on them at all time and be free of dirt and debri

250rmike
04-06-2008, 01:39 PM
anything that moves and is a wear point besides brake pads. that includes levers aarms steering stem swingarm pivot bolt linkage(if you have one) basically anywhere a bolt goes through and the part pivots it needs to have grease on it or it will prematurely where or seaze. swingarm pivots are notorious for seazes and having to be beat out destroying the bolt

Maych
04-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Curious as to what type of grease is best to use.

Knoxy
04-24-2008, 03:02 PM
alot of the manuals that i see specify use litium soap based grease... it supposedly is the best for holding up to the elements.
but its really all a matter of opinion.. you could use white grease and i think you would be fine... plus its easy on your wallet

i have a question for you guys tho

i have 4 grease nipples on the a- arms on my quad... i recently decided that i was going to grease these again before the season apporoaches as i have only had this quad one year....
i went to grease them and the damn things wont take any grease... i know they need it... so whats the deal.. do i maybe have the wrong fitting on it? or am i just being an idiot?

also... how often should i rip open the a-arm bushings and throw some lube in there?
when i had it apart last it seemed fine... but more is always better than less! in that regard

what about clutch cables.. throttle cables

any other things to grease say yearly rather than regularly

thanks guys

Knoxy

250rmike
04-24-2008, 08:17 PM
throttle cables and clutch cables regularly a-arm bolts/bushing depends on how much you ride that goes for the swingarm pivot also