PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Colby - suspension info sticky questions

250Renvy
03-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Colby,

With your expertise could you do a little write up on the following info and then we'll see if we can get a sticky in here because I'm sure others have these questions and this info would be helpfull to a lot of people.

1. Information a shock servicer needs to properly setup your shocks.

2. In regards to buying used aftermarket shocks

Estimated cost of overhauling them (because usually people sell them when they are in need of service)

If you buy shocks that are not setup for your weight, riding style, A-arms the potential cost of reconfiguring them.

If you buy shocks that are setup for your weight, but different a-arms potential cost of revalving them.

3. Benefits of just revalving or upgrading stock 450 shocks - whether it be Yam, Hon, Suz, Kaw.

4.If a shock is setup for an A-class/pro-class rider and you are just a casual racer is there any reason to change them?

This info is because I bought 3 sets of used shocks not knowing this stuff and it seems it's almost going to be as much to change them as to buy new shocks. This info would have really helped.

Thanks

03-11-2008, 02:40 PM
all of that info would be awesome to have as a sticky for refereance and all of that.

Colby@C&DRacing
03-12-2008, 08:49 AM
I will try to respond with answers to all your questions along with typical costs that are related to the work you asked about soon. Due to the time that this will take it maybe be a few days.

havinnoj
03-14-2008, 01:08 AM
Great sticky to have.