PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Question

r-exrider0003
03-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Yeah, im looking to buy a beat up LTR, and the guy said its stuck in gear. i havent had a chance to look at it in person yet, but from what he said, he was trying to roll start it in either first or second gear and it's now stuck in that gear. the guy that has it is kinda a motor-tard and i was wondering if it could be something simple or does it mean major tranny problem? i think the LTR is the first year they came out, 06? i think. thanks.

foxman_23
03-11-2008, 03:08 PM
BENT SHIFT FORK(s)

r-exrider0003
03-11-2008, 09:04 PM
yea i was afraid of that, i was hoping itd be something little. there isnt like any shifter bearing or anything else it could be? would you have to split the cases to fix a bent shifter fork, or can you do it from one side?

foxman_23
03-13-2008, 07:10 PM
ya you gotta split em. i had to do it to mine too. Bent the shift forks that goes over first gear whch didnt allow it to engage in fourth gear. lots of carnage. if you have a manual you can see what im talking about.

ltrracer
03-15-2008, 12:14 AM
its really not that hard at all, to me the hardest thing is getting the motor out of the frame, the rest is pretty straight forward, but i have had to replace my tranny three times now so maybe thats it :ermm: