PDA

View Full Version : GT Thunder linkage

04TRX400EX
03-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Has anyone used a GT Thunder rear shock linkage on a stock shock or rebuilt stock shock? Mine has been converted to a dual-rate SSD with Elka springs - what kind of difference would this make? I'm trying to remove some of the "buck" from the rear.

03-11-2008, 01:47 PM
i had him do revalve and re-spring the rear shock...along with add the linkage...the buck is nearly eliminated, but not not completely...

dustin_j
03-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Was the link worth it? Under what conditions was the buck not eliminated? I have also been heavily looking into getting a GTT mx link. Thanks

03-11-2008, 01:56 PM
yes, the link worth it. i even did this mod to my 450r. and i would do it again in a heartbeat..

as far as what conditions, it was kind of random, much like how the buck is in stock form, but way less. if you hit the face of a jump really wrong, you could feel the rear come up a little, but never to the point of the stock setup. i never felt like the rear was going to come over the top if you can understand what i mean. i never noticed any buck hitting high speed whoops...just off of jump faces if i hit them wrong...

04TRX400EX
03-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Thanks for your input speedyquad. The speed whoops bucking is what I am looking to eliminate so it sounds like a GTT linkage would be a great add.

Besides the intended riding conditions, what is the actual difference between the MX version and the XC one?

dustin_j
03-11-2008, 02:18 PM
From what I have gathered the main difference between the mx and xc links are the intended tire size, 18 and 20 repsectively. If you look at the 2 links, the xc link is much more curved. I imagine this is to get the 1.5-2" lower ride height out of your choice of tire size.

coryatver
03-11-2008, 02:20 PM
I had the dual rate elka ssd and the gt link setup is much much better and almost totally removes the bucking