PDA

View Full Version : Lectron Carb question.

rhandw69
11-20-2002, 07:44 PM
Ok, Ive been kinda pursauded toward a Lectron Carb. I like the price of these, Im just curious if anyone on here is or has used them currently or in the past.

Ex_Rider43
11-20-2002, 09:33 PM
I heard that they are the best carbs around.... and Ive also heard they are difficult to get dial-in perfectly.

crazy canadian
11-21-2002, 01:48 AM
you have to do some slight modifications (a braket) to the air box and loose the snorkel. the actual phsical work of dialing it in is quite easy. there is just a needle that you turn, however, it is extremely fussy! when dialed in right, there is a significant increase in top end.

ChadEXer
11-21-2002, 11:18 AM
For the price they are by far the best carb!! Look at every top drag bike in the world, ATV's and motorcycles,,they all run Lectrons!! Call Fast by Gast and get you a Lectron set up for alky for $250,,,cant beat that!!!

Ex_Rider43
11-24-2002, 04:22 PM
so how can we know if its dialed in right??? some people said its a real nightmare:confused:

MichaelS693
11-24-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by ex_rider52
so how can we know if its dialed in right??? some people said its a real nightmare:confused:

The Way your bike will run.....they are in fact like chad said one of the best carbs and alky carbs of theirs are the best 250$ for a alky carb and without foolin with jets...cant beat that with a stick i plan on gettin one soon for my blaster:D

coolhuh
11-24-2002, 09:09 PM
I am in the process of putting one on my Z400 ( I also have 400EX's) Check out this website for info Lectron (http://www.lectronfuelsystems.com/)
I sent mine to Kevin at Fast by Gast and he tuned it to my specific application.

ChadEXer
11-25-2002, 10:09 AM
coolhuh, I am also probably going to order mine from Fast by Gast! They have a lot of experience with lectron alky carbs!! Tom at TC said he will send me one for $325 and Kevin told me $250,,,,so that saves me $75 however Im worried that TC will get upset if he finds out I didnt get it from him, I just dont want something to happen and him not take care of it becasue I wasnt running his carb! WHat should I do,,just give out the extra $75 or go with FBG and not worry about it???

coolhuh
11-25-2002, 10:20 AM
Did you let Tom at TC know that FBG is willing to sell you one for $250? I do not see TC as being one of your sponsers. If you think there are going to be problems I would talk to Tom and work it out with him, but if he is a business man it should not matter where you got it. It is who will give you the better deal $$$$

UglyMotha™
11-25-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by ChadEXer
coolhuh, I am also probably going to order mine from Fast by Gast! They have a lot of experience with lectron alky carbs!! Tom at TC said he will send me one for $325 and Kevin told me $250,,,,so that saves me $75 however Im worried that TC will get upset if he finds out I didnt get it from him, I just dont want something to happen and him not take care of it becasue I wasnt running his carb! WHat should I do,,just give out the extra $75 or go with FBG and not worry about it???

just be like "hey tom i've been shopping for a carb and found one from fgb for 250, so what the best price you can offer me?" and he'll grunt and moan and scratch his head and will be like "the lowest i can go is 280" and then you'll be like "well but tom i was really hoping to see you come a little lower i dunno" and then tome will moan some more and then rub his head this time and say " well i suppose i could let it go for 265 shipped but no lower" and they you can be like " well alright tom i'll take it." simple as that:huh

ChadEXer
11-25-2002, 10:31 AM
You know your right, I think I should get a discount anyway,,,its not like Im a first time customer!!! Ill see what he says!!!

11-25-2002, 12:09 PM
Rocky ridge racing takes in stock 400ex carbs and some cash for lectrons..

ChadEXer
11-25-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Rocky ridge racing takes in stock 400ex's and some cash for lectrons..
Now you wanna tell me;)

Extremeracer167
11-25-2002, 12:40 PM
rhand,
It depends what kinda racin/riding u do. for the MX track, a lectron is a good carb. But if u want any low end.....they arent that great. Now i just put the 39mm FCR on mine, and im VERY VERY happy with it. I actually almost killed myself the 1st time i used it, casue it just kept pulling and pulling. And i was going a little to fast by the time i got to the end of the yard. Sure they are $$ but they are worth it in my opinion. But once u get that thing pumpin......my oh my. I race GNCC, and i think its going to be a GREAT carb all around! Plus it has some MAD top end for the fields!!

rhandw69
11-25-2002, 02:41 PM
Well the only racing i plan on doing is sand hill racing. I very very seldom ride on tracks. I prefer open terrain, and especially dunes. So i usually do alot of tree shots in the dunes, and wide open dune riding.
So comparing the two, can anyone tell me what significant difference a person would see between the FCR and the LEctron.
Besides price!

Extremeracer167
11-25-2002, 03:11 PM
Actually if u are doing WIDE open dune riding and stuff like that, ide say the 41mm FCR. Its a SCARY differance over stock! I know my 39 is a MAJOR improvement. It spins the whole way up the yard with my 425 and thats no exageration at all. Even with my dad it broke the tires loose. And the 41mm is supposed to be for the dune guys. If u ahve a big bore engine, and want serious pull on the top end, ide go with the 41mm FCR.

Chad,
I thought u didnt like the Lectron anymore??

ChadEXer
11-25-2002, 03:24 PM
Well I previously posted saying that I didnt like Lectron because I was having problems getting mine right, but after talking to Tom on the phone and determining that I was turning the needle the wrong way, i got it fixed and before I sent it off to him I had it running great, even with a blown head gasket!!!

gasmask2008
02-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by ChadEXer
For the price they are by far the best carb!! Look at every top drag bike in the world, ATV's and motorcycles,,they all run Lectrons!! Call Fast by Gast and get you a Lectron set up for alky for $250,,,cant beat that!!! What is fast by gast website

coolhuh
02-01-2006, 07:10 PM
www.fastbygast.com