PDA

View Full Version : Hey 2 stoke gurus i need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DVXracer
03-10-2008, 07:36 PM
So my friend bought a non running 2001 rm125 and he bough an all new top end, (head, cylinder, piston ect.) and we were riding the other day and he NEVER felt the powerband, even when he got on it hard, WHATS WRONG?

Thanks in advance.

ZeroLogic
03-10-2008, 07:47 PM
Reeds, jetting. Is the pipe flatted out? Did he break it in right?

400exrider989
03-10-2008, 08:14 PM
pretty much ^ covered most, i would point more into jetting direction, or low compression check both and get back, if plugs are black theres your answer most likely, you want a chocolate brown plug, or if your anal like me and want to spend moeny do a plug chop, is the gas good?

jab300ex
03-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Check the plug first. Make sure you are running the correct gas/oil ratio.

GPracer2500
03-11-2008, 01:06 AM
Another thing to look into is the exhaust valve mechanism. Is it hooked up right and working properly? I bought a CR250 that ran ok--just had a soft flat feeling in the way it delivered power. Turns out the powervalve mechanism wasn't hooked up right by whoever had it apart last.

I've never worked on an '01 RM125 but if it's anything like some of Honda's designs it might be sorta tricky. Definitely use a service manual if you're not 100% sure on how everything works.

$0.02

DVXracer
03-11-2008, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
Another thing to look into is the exhaust valve mechanism. Is it hooked up right and working properly? I bought a CR250 that ran ok--just had a soft flat feeling in the way it delivered power. Turns out the powervalve mechanism wasn't hooked up right by whoever had it apart last.

I've never worked on an '01 RM125 but if it's anything like some of Honda's designs it might be sorta tricky. Definitely use a service manual if you're not 100% sure on how everything works.

$0.02

Thanks for all the help guys ill be sure to tell him to look at those things, and i had a similar problem with my yz250 when i bought it, it had a leaky powervalve cover so when i was replacing the gasket i found out the powervalve wasnt hooked up, but i never rode it before i changed the gasket so i would have no idea other wise, but it really shocked me...

John451
03-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Yeah, defiantly check the powervalve first. That's really easy to mess up. Especially on rm's. Go to www.bikebandit.com and go to oem parts then go to exhaust for your bike because it has blown up schematics. That was amazingly helpful when i had to do it on my 91 rm125.