PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Sparks Bored FCR Carb

brandonpeake
03-10-2008, 09:07 AM
I was reading on their tech tips and they offer a service to bore your stock FCR carb, what are they boring out? I assume it would be more of a top end mod or to get more fuel to the built motor , I really have no idea just guessing

So anyone got this dont did it help, Is it needed Appears Borich was running it on the TRX last year?

chad502ex
03-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Actually, for some reason I've bored quite a bit of Sparks FCR carbs for 450r's...

When boring the carbs, it requires a new 43mm billet venturi ring to be installed into the throttle body..

Worth about 2-3hp throughout the rpm range when the modification is made... :macho.

brandonpeake
03-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by chad502ex
Actually, for some reason I've bored quite a bit of Sparks FCR carbs for 450r's...
So u can do it also or u got sparks to do yours

chad502ex
03-11-2008, 09:46 AM
No, I was saying that I've bored a few Sparks carbs the customer has sent to me.... I can bore the Sparks carbs no problem.

I also have my own 43mm FCR carb that is better because the carb I sell is the latest design (07 FCR carb).

brandonpeake
03-12-2008, 08:37 AM
will u pm me pricing on your carb setup?

sparksracing
03-12-2008, 10:19 AM
We do offer the service on any MX style FCR. We completely disassemble the carb and Curtis personally bores each carb to precisely match the CNC machined venturi insert. This makes the carburetor 43 mm straight through. This is called a smooth bore. You can also taper bore the carb. That is where the venturi size is not changed. We have found the best performance with the smooth bore. It gains mid to top end power. We usually see about a 1.5 to 2 hp gain.